JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter Music Video Details

Yesterday I spoke to this girl hanging on a swedish music forum and she claimed that she had a part in the recording of a Party Starter music video. She said it was recorded 16 days ago in New York. She made it because it was so random, they picked special kinds of people from the street, gave them a couple of papers and told them to return in the morning next day. She didnt speak to Will but she said she spoke to someone called Paul which could be Wills nephew. She was only in the vid for a short while but she checked the recordings a knew what happened... in the beginning, she said (i think i trust here), we have a dark room with a stage, theres a big broken TV-screen (u know like they have on big conserts) with the text "Boom!" or somethin that is spelled almost the same way.

Will walks in, looks all over the place and says "Damn, this aint what it used to be" and finds a mic on the floor... he picks it up and the lamps in the ceiling starts to light up the place with red and green colours. Will is turned against the screen and the intro music starts to play. Will screams OH or YEAH im the party starter and the screen explodes. under it theres a new sign sayin "Hiphop since '85" and at the same time people is running through the doors in the room and starts to dance to the music. The girl I spoke to is one of these hundres of people.

Everybody is dancing and Will is on the mic. When he says old-fashion he first aim his finger for Jeff who stood there with a drink enjoying a good time (at least he was supposed to look like he had a good time) and when the last chorus goes off, the building starts to fall apart and everybody leaves the builiding while you still can hear FPs music.

I must say im having a hard time beleiving this and I dont know if it would be any good, but its sounds okey to me if its true.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will walks in, looks all over the place and says "Damn, this aint what it used to be"

Lol, they stole my idea... um, lol... ahead of time...

Don't know how credible this is Lerkot... but thanks for the info. We'll see how it turns out. The idea sounds good. I'm eager to see what it would look like. If the video was recorded about 2-3 weeks ago, the video should be finishing post production soon. We may get a video in about a week to 2 weeks. Good look.

One thing that does bother me is that the video doesn't seem as big as I would have liked to have seen it if this is true. But again, Lerkot's source may not know if there were multiple locations for shooting so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks again for the info Lerkot.

Edited by MaxFly

i dont know what to believe, we did have that model girl on here who is in the switch video and that all tunred out to be true so u never know.

I quite like the idea of the video and its cool if jeffs in it too. But i see what u mean max about its not as big as we had hoped, but u never know. This could just be the part that the girl was involved in and there might be other scene's and stuff.

I guess its just wait and see what unfolds.

Yesterday I spoke to this girl hanging on a swedish music forum and she claimed that she had a part in the recording of a Party Starter music video. She said it was recorded 16 days ago in New York. She made it because it was so random, they picked special kinds of people from the street, gave them a couple of papers and told them to return in the morning next day. She didnt speak to Will but she said she spoke to someone called Paul which could be Wills nephew. She was only in the vid for a short while but she checked the recordings a knew what happened... in the beginning, she said (i think i trust here), we have a dark room with a stage, theres a big broken TV-screen (u know like they have on big conserts) with the text "Boom!" or somethin that is spelled almost the same way.

Will walks in, looks all over the place and says "Damn, this aint what it used to be" and finds a mic on the floor... he picks it up and the lamps in the ceiling starts to light up the place with red and green colours. Will is turned against the screen and the intro music starts to play. Will screams OH or YEAH im the party starter and the screen explodes. under it theres a new sign sayin "Hiphop since '85" and at the same time people is running through the doors in the room and starts to dance to the music. The girl I spoke to is one of these hundres of people.

Everybody is dancing and Will is on the mic. When he says old-fashion he first aim his finger for Jeff who stood there with a drink enjoying a good time (at least he was supposed to look like he had a good time) and when the last chorus goes off, the building starts to fall apart and everybody leaves the builiding while you still can hear FPs music.

I must say im having a hard time beleiving this and I dont know if it would be any good, but its sounds okey to me if its true.

I don't think that it's ok only, I think that's pretty good!!! Sounds interesting... :kool:

I'm not claiming she's a liar...infact, the video sounds alot like something FP would do. But i'm not believeing anything until i hear news from a legit source.

The only thing that sounds shady is that part of it sounds like she's discribing a music video and not an experience. When it comes 2 performance videos, where an artists is basically taping a live performance, they shoot the performance over and over and over again. There's no way u can get all the angles and close ups shot in 1 performance.