JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kids Don't Know Who Jazzy Jeff Is????

• Members
[quote]- For Da Love of Da Game
- Pump Me Up
- I Wanna Rock[/quote]
You actually think the avarage kid knows thosee songs>?
pump me up...only on Will smiths album wich ALOT of people dont have and besides that it is only one song so most kids wont remember him.

I wanna rock... old song

for da love of da game: not verry mainstream

And bsides EVEN IF they would know who he was they couldnt name his real name ofcourse

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font="Arial"][color=blue]Well, if 50cents use a cheap, inexpensive "50~ cents" toilet paper, it would be rough on his bum. lol. So prolly Charmin, or somethiN j/kiddiN (not that i really give 50cents) :kekeke: :rofl:

but back to kids not knowing Jazzy Jeff...all i know is,...MY kids know Jazzy Jeff!
thats all that matters 2 me. lol :dancingcool:

peace,

3cookies[/color][/font]

I remember this punk from my high school who claimed to know everythin' about hip-hop but when I mentioned in my freestyle to him"I'm gonna be a legend like Russel Simmons", he didn't know who he was, some people are just dumb and they just are too scared to admit it, I couldn't believe that though! :nhawong:

Alot of people think they know something about Hip-Hop, but they really don't. U'll find that out quick when holding conversations with people. No offense 2 younger people, but u kinda expect a more accurate knowlege as Hip-Hop music and culture with age. But i'm sure that with places like this 2 meet online, some younger people get skooled on the good stuff and the old stuff. There isn't really any other outlets 4 people 2 get exposed or hear about real music anymore. After all, it's not in the media, on the radio or on TV. Usually, if it IS on the radio or TV, u know it's not worth checking out...ha ha.

yeah i learn so much off this site, ive only been properly into hip hop about 5 years now so i have a lot to learn, but i started watchin hip hop shows about old skool. All i had when i was young was stuff like MC hammer, vanilla ice and salt and pepper and a little bit of jjfp. And bcoz music is so crap now i find myself buying old albums that i missed out on when i was younger.

But i will be the first to admit i dont know that much about hip hop apart from the last 5 years.

:werd: I'll even listen to hip-hop from the early '80s that came out when I wasn't even born yet 'cause it was so dope, the music was original and so was the lyrics from cats like Sugar Hill Gang, Kurtis Blow,AfiKa Bambatta and The Zulu Nation, and Grandmaster Flash and The Furious Five. "The Message" is probably the deepest rap song of all time, all y'all youngeons gotta check that out! :dj: I didn't start listening to hip-hop and watching music videos until late '96/early '97, so I had a lot of catching up to do over these recent years and I noticed that current stuff has gotten weaker and weaker, so I became an ol' school hip-hop fanatic! Cats like Nelly and Eminem wouldn't survive against MC Shan, Kool Moe Dee, JJFP, LL Cool J, Rakim, KRS-ONE, Public Enemy, Run-Dmc, etc..., if they came out in that era(many say 1988 was the best year in hip-hop history and I was only 3, so I don't remember anything from then :tear: ). I sometimes wish that I was a little older so I could have witness the greatness as it was happenin'. Y'all older cats who were teens back then were the lucky ones! :rock:

tfpoba helped me find good music thats where i discovered the sugarhill gang and naughty by nature. Its always good to go on recomendations from Will i guess thats where he got his inspiration from so its gotta be good.

and i agree with grandmaster flash and the furious five, that song is great.

Yeah, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air waz a great way 2 introduce Hip-Hop 2 a new audience. It featured guest appearances by Heavy D, Queen Latifah, Bell Biv Devoe and featured music from JJ+FP, Technotronic, Soul II Soul, Sugarhill Gang, etc. The soundtrack that waz released overseas is dope. I already liked nearly every song on it b4 i even heard it.

• Members
i know that i'm a bit late in writing this...but i'm only 15 and i know so much about old skool rap. i'll admit that many people my age don't know about old skool rap...but quite frankly i hate whats hot now...i prefer listening to old skool...way cooler, i mean iller!!!

Yeah, i'll easily pop in an old skool or 90's CD...but i gotta force myself 2 put in any of the new CDs i've got. I got Dialated Peoples, Pitch Black, etc...and even tho' they are good, they don't cut it 4 me the way music used 2. Young kids don't have any reason 2 be interested in old skool Hip-Hop so u can't really blame them. It's not like they get exposed 2 it 2 often. A few will stumble upon it and start getting in2 it, but that's about it.