JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Big Will first rap...

Lerkot

• Members

FP waz writing and rapping since he waz like 12. Him and Jeff hooked up when FP waz like 16. He had a history of emceeing and DJ's years b4 him and Jeff hooked up.

11 or 10 he start writing...

i saw a intervie wit him sometime on E chanle n he said it...

Will starts rapping at 11. He used to write poetry, and play the piano, but he couldn't sing well.

He heard rappers delight when he was 11 and he put it together with his poetry. Publically, i'm guessing he started rapping for his parents and peers. He did a couple of parties in his teen years... 15-16... so that may have been the first time he rapped infront of a lot of people.

Yo, I got a little question... some years ago I read an article about Will and it says that his first texts were full of curses 'n stuff and his grandma found his text book and wrote a sentence next to his rhymes! It was like: "Smart people don't need words like this to express themselves" or sumthin' like that... and Will read it and thought about it and after that he never uses a curse anymore!

Has anybody heard about that too?! I don't know if this is true but do y'all think it could be?

Yo, I got a little question... some years ago I read an article about Will and it says that his first texts were full of curses 'n stuff and his grandma found his text book and wrote a sentence next to his rhymes! It was like: "Smart people don't need words like this to express themselves" or sumthin' like that... and Will read it and thought about it and after that he never uses a curse anymore!

Has anybody heard about that too?! I don't know if this is true but do y'all think it could be?

True as hell.