JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Music used in Fresh Prince of Bel Air

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

hey guys,
i know it's a long time.....but can any one tells me what that song that will sings in in season 2 episode 23 (be my baby tonight) When he makes a sandwich...all i know is he say[ Shabba,,,,,,bba,,,,,shabba)and makes the sandwich
that's real funny

or he's made it up

Edited by BDX

I'm not sure exactly what scene it is. Additionally, Shabba Ranks said his own name in multiple songs...but I have a feeling it was likely Shabba Rank's "Mr. Loverman."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8BOZyaMrn8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

Hello everybody.

This is an amazing site for finding some old music used in this show, i found out some gems through this forum and thank you all for useful information about certain things, but I do have some question and I hope I'll find someone who is as much enthusiastic as me to find out what I've been looking out for years.

So lets start...

Season 2 Episode 9: Cased Up

In this episode there is a 'skit song' I've been looking out for years now. It's a re-work of a theme song and a scene right before 'earthquake' jumps in, Geoffrey starting boogin' on Naughty By Nature - OPP. Through years I found various re-works of a theme songs, mostly when they switch scene-to-scene where their house appear.

I even uploaded it to zippyshare so you can check it out here:
http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/56842536/file.html

Through my research the guy that did those small 'skit songs' alongside Will Smith and Jazz is Quincy Jones, I looked all over the place to get more info where I could find various versions of those little skits but nothing, I founded only one trace that someone uploaded to youtube, it's a re-work skit song of the episode Someday Your Prince Will Be In Effect, and you can check it out here:

So there it is, I hope someone will help me and give me more info or some traces...

Thank you :)

Edited by FPFBA

Hey, it's cool that you brought up this topic. If I'm not wrong, it was Quincy Jones III (Quincy Jones' son) who scored all episodes of 'FPOBA', so the skit song you're looking for must be his too. But I don't know where you could find it. I'll let you know if I see something on YouTube though. Hopefully someone will upload it.

I just found another video with the same skit song you posted, from the 'Someday Your Prince Will Be In Effect' episode:

And, of course, the End Credits Theme:
Edited by Ale

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi guys. I've come across this excellent forum that has come in handy the work of research I'm carrying out to find the name of the impressive beats this fantastic serial brought us all back in the nineties. Here I pass you the Youtube link of the chapter I'm referring to: A Night at the Opera' in Season 3 (this was the one broadcasted in Spain). I've spent a lot of time trying to find out the title of this enigmatic beat. However, I haven't been able to do it yet. The strange thing is that the beat from Spanish chapter differs from the one in the same scene broadcasted in USA. I cross my fingers some of you can shed some light on this long-standing mystery. Here you have the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE5FZBpRGoE

Thanks in advance and peace for everybody :ernaehrung004:

Hi guys. I've come across this excellent forum that has come in handy the work of research I'm carrying out to find the name of the impressive beats this fantastic serial brought us all back in the nineties. Here I pass you the Youtube link of the chapter I'm referring to: A Night at the Opera' in Season 3 (this was the one broadcasted in Spain). I've spent a lot of time trying to find out the title of this enigmatic beat. However, I haven't been able to do it yet. The strange thing is that the beat from Spanish chapter differs from the one in the same scene broadcasted in USA. I cross my fingers some of you can shed some light on this long-standing mystery. Here you have the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE5FZBpRGoE

Thanks in advance and peace for everybody :ernaehrung004:

Welcome to the board! Well, I don't know the title of the beat from the video you posted, but, if I'm not wrong, I think it's fake, meaning that someone made it for the video but it's not the one from the Spanish version. I'm Spanish and I remember the same exact beat from the American version being broadcasted here.

Next time I watch this episode I'll pay attention to this scene though, but I doubt the beat is different from the original version. Why would they do that, anyway?

Good luck with your search, and welcome again!!

Edited by Ale

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

hey guys,
i know it's a long time.....but can any one tells me what is that song in the video (Season 03 - Episode 09)

I read all the other 6 pages, and many people were searching for this beat (I mean the first beat in the video), and I guess that was the only song that was not found. Well, after 11 years since the creation of this topic, does anyone know what song is this?

Thank you all

• Hero1 unpinned this topic