JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Rate Switch(listen to it @ willsmith.com)

Hero1

how do you rate switch?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. how do you rate switch?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

switch still hasn't grown on me 2 the level i expected it 2 but that's ok cuz i still got tons of confidence in the new album. as far as comparing Headsprung and Switch, i'd have to go with headsprung on that.

OMG Headsprug is one of the worst party tracks i've heard. LL is capable of doing better. Headsprung was crap. The beat, the lyrics (especially), the song overall, and the video. Corny is the best word to describe it.

There's no comparison between "Yeah!" and "Switch", "Yeah!" is one of the most annoying songs of last year, Kwame easily a better producer than Lil' Jon and I ain't really into Usher.

Read my post again...i'm not comparing "Switch" and "Yeah!" musically...i'm saying that i think "Switch" will be like "Yeah!" in the sense that the lead single of the album won't represent the album properly. "Yeah!" wazn't Usher's usual style, but he used as a lead single and it waz huge...but when u listen 2 his album, none of the other trax are like it....that's what i think "Switch" will be like. When we finally hear the album, none of the songs will be like it.

• Members

Yeah! is still one of the most played songs and will be remembered unlike some songs that just come and go

I still think switch is a good song he talks about things in the verses that are close to him even though they are short verses. But the beat is insane and the hook is awesome. it will become a club classic and I think the song was a good way for Will to jump back into the ring

• Members

hmmm I dont think switch is a great song.......it's good but not the best from WILL......for me switch is okay....that's all........Will has better tracks.....hmmmmm i dont know if it goes number one in the country......

You all say....that Will Is back.......but come On......switch isn't a Dope song......

I dont like Will's Flow in the song and he Rap's short Verses.....its just a song for dance,not more

I give it 5 Points

Read my post again...i'm not comparing "Switch" and "Yeah!" musically...i'm saying that i think "Switch" will be like "Yeah!" in the sense that the lead single of the album won't represent the album properly. "Yeah!" wazn't Usher's usual style, but he used as a lead single and it waz huge...but when u listen 2 his album, none of the other trax are like it....that's what i think "Switch" will be like. When we finally hear the album, none of the songs will be like it.

Of course u are right AJ!!

About Switch.... This track grows in me, but I don't think it wil be #1 in the charts..But it's true, it's the perfect first single for a new album, the beat is good and FP's rap is great as ever. I don't know if it is his best single, I'm sorry but for me getting jiggy and will 2k are too perfect as singles..But Switch is good and I hope people like it. I give it 8, but my rate can increase listening to switch :thumb: