JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will & Ben affleck new movie?

Hero1

• Admin

Affleck and Smith on Action Pic

Posted on Tue, 4-Jan-2005

According to a report on the News Askew website, Ben Affleck and Will Smith, who recently shared scenes in "Jersey Girl", may be re-teaming for an action-comedy called "Affirmative Action".

Affleck will be riding the coat-tails of his more bankable co-star on a film set in New Orleans. It tells of a black soldier who goes A.W.O.L. after committing a crime, and a South Boston cop and a FBI agent who don't share the same racial views who're teamed to find him.

Jerry Bruckheimer, who both guys have worked with before, is handling producing duties.

Wouldn't be surprised if Affleck gets the boot from it. He's about as appealing as rotten fruit these days - and the box office agrees.

source:moviehole

Affirmative Action was written by Jeffrey Abrams and is currently in development at Jerry Bruckheimer Films. Buena Vista will distribute the picture.

um... ben affleck is not the best actor, he was good in armaggadon but not too many other movies. and really sorry to say this to Hero 1, but jerry bruckheimer is not the best producer. his a great one, but he keeps the directors from what they want to do. he limits them too much. SORRY!

Hmmmm...i think it's often painful 2 watch Ben Affleck on screen. If this happens, i think it'll be just like watching TAXI (loving Queen Latifah, then having the untalented and unfunny Jimmy Fallon ruining the fun).

Jerry is cool, I like his style. Will committing a crime! ooohhhh

This is old news. I remember hearing about this years ago. Anyways, I think Will is playing the FBI agent that teams up with Affleck's South Boston cop to track the awol soldier. I'd much rather see that "Chris Gardner" movie then this! This sounds like a rip on "48 Hours", the movie that starred Eddie Murphy and Nick Notle.

• Admin

um... ben affleck is not the best actor, he was good in armaggadon but not too many other movies. and really sorry to say this to Hero 1, but jerry bruckheimer is not the best producer. his a great one, but he keeps the directors from what they want to do. he limits them too much. SORRY!

jerry is the best producer in the business..we'd be assured of an entertaining movie thats 4 sure :werd:

I don't really care 2 judge anyone's acting ability, but I was not a good fan of Ben's when he was seeing JLO and she was married at the tyme...so that turned me off from him. Sucka. Now that he's gotten out of the limelight,...like he was then...I think everybody deserves a chance to keep their career afloat, and a movie with Will maybe a good thing 4 him careerwise...

besides, I can't see a 'pretty boy' like him going from making huge movies to flipping burgers .. so yea, this is MOS DEF a good thing 4 him...cus this sounds like a REAL good movie concept to me. I love military/action fliX...

why ppl always asking me..' u heard bout Will's next movie?" :thumb:

peace,

cookie