JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Switch - Something I was thinking about

Jonny 5

Do you think Switch will be one of those songs that many people will just download because they like it and never get the album or pursue the artist? If so I was thinking of a solution we could possibly implement...

For any people that use Kazaa or other P2P software to download music (which I used to) they will understand how annoying it is when people put 'fake' copies of a song in their shared folder. Would it be a good idea for a few of us guys to do this with Switch to persuade people not to download the song, but to go out and buy the single/album? If there are enough 'fake' copies of Switch on P2P networks, surely it would stop people downloading it?

What does everyone think?

:poke:

whoo thats harsh ! :scared2:

well i would download switch if it was up, but i would still get fp's album (of course). but i think it would work if we had enough fake copies. if we were to do that, we would have to get to free mp3 sites too cos there are people who dont wanna risk dling kazaa and other p2p. we would have to go to a BUNCHA sites and programs tho...

thats actually a good idea and i like the way we can annoy ppl that wanna download Wills stuff. I would like to help u to do it but i dont share my files bcoz i have so many rare will trax that i dont want ppl getting hold of. Unless any1 knows a way i can just put fake switch up.

I think u should go for it jonny! :thumb: Power to the Will fans! :lolsign:

• 2 weeks later...

I think, as hardcore fans, we need 2 keep the song off the internet so people go out and get it. All of us here who have websites should only put like a minute and a half of the song on their sites 2 promote it...but definitly don't put it out there 4 others 2 download. Those of us who have some free time should start street teaming for FP and get other interested, then involved. We can make a difference and this is a very important time 2 make things happen.