JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New info about Switch and album

Frenetic

i say we just be patient and wait see what happens the track list might not be finalised yet and if it is some of the songs with these artists might not have been used

well...im just gonna sit tyte and rid this one out yo! WITHOUT speculating and going on everybody's personal judgement,...or figure out --> if what I am reading online or hearing on the radio will determine what I am to expect...

Mainly...because I am sick and tired of hearing radio personalities saying Will is washed out, and that he should go on and give up music and focus on movies...since thats what his main focus seem to be...

so yea...as some of u may have notice...I haven't been responding to any of the Switch threads...but Im believing in Will to BRING IT! :ali: Just blow everybody's minds and drop it cuz its hott!

peace,

cookie

• Admin

i say we just be patient and wait see what happens the track list might not be finalised yet and if it is some of the songs with these artists might not have been used

yeah not all this tracks are guaranteed to make the album .. switch is not an ol skool track! its a club track with a classic fresh prince prince rhyme abt a girl..commercial with a gritty edge.. i think its wills best single in a long time.. its not str8 pop/rap like will2k/freakin it/w3/miami etc etc

I thought "1000 Kisses" was a great single but nobody really paid attention to it! :bang: I really think that FP needs to collaborate with mcs that are closer to his caliber than Petey Pablo and Ludacris, those mcs are better collaborating with Nelly and Jay-Z than with FP, FP should collaborate with mcs like Nas, Talib Kweli, LL Cool J, KRS-ONE or Rakim, but I'd rather see less collabos and just have JJFP rockin' it on the comeback album. :dj:

FP dosen't need collabos loading down his album...his style and talent may seem pretty basic 2 some...but that's really not the case, cuz only certain artists really blend with him. Working with people like Petey Pablo is just so forced that it dosen't makes sense. He dosen't have any talent in the 1st place. Since FP has pretty much total control on this album, the final tracklisting should be interesting.

When Will wrote in the inlay card of Born to Reign he said that working with other artists such as tra knox helps him grow as an artist. If u think about it Will must have written close to 200 songs, in fact even more than that bcoz a lot of them dont even get released, if he has written so many songs he must start to run out of ideas, so maybe all these collabos just give him new ideas of what to do as an artist.

I still dont understand why he would want to work with petey pablo and elephant man, i just hope that they will turn out ok. All the collabos worked well in willenium, and i would really love another willenium.