JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Could we create our own TV show?

Hero1

• Admin

You know my ultimate "career goal" is to be a TV writer.. My book was really just a way to see if I could write something in that vein.. It's very dialogue heavy.. I know I'm not a novellist but the goal was to create good characters, and write great conversations.. the feedback I've received has been that people loved the deep conversations about life and they could see it on TV.. So anyway I was thinking for my next project It would be good to write a youtube tv show.. then I was thinking well Chris wants to be an actor..and he is creating good content maybe should I should work with him on something.. then I was thinking well Kev is a director well he'd be good on this as well.. and then well Brakes is an actor..AJ is a theatre actor.. vipa is a beatmaker he could score.. what I'm saying is we got a lot of talented people here & the question is could we create a tv show for youtube?
the goal would be to create something really good that we would put on our resume..
each episode would be about 5 minutes long because thats the basic attention span for youtube
what makes it hard is how we are all different places but we could use that to our advantage.. we could be filming in 3 different continents without the cost of travelling there! the instant & immediacy of it means we could put in relevant news events etc into the episodes.. I've got a few concepts for the story.. but I'm good at writing something funny..and deep.. and it would have a mystery element too it to keep people watching ..

So what do you think of that as an idea? :monkey1: :chores038:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in hearing more about this idea, Tim. Creating such a show would take a few things:

1. Consistency- One person edits. Otherwise we have a video with a very inconsistent feel that looks like it was directed by 3 people.
2. Direction- A clear image of the show makes for a much better project.
3. Dedication- Now more than ever before, I am trying to pursue my dreams. I graduated college just hours ago. I am currently working towards acting jobs at this very moment. If we do something like this, we need to have a clear vision from everyone involved. The very idea of something like this excites me. We just need to get everyone on the same page to make it happen!

I am very much down for this. I am always looking for ways to get back into acting via different projects etc. I totally agree with Chris tho we need to have consistency, direction and Dedication for this to be effective and work. We need to have a clear vision of what we want to achieve and we are going to do this. As this could potentially be seen by a lot of people we don't want it to seem as we are making it up as we go along. Great idea Tim. Great to see everyone wanting to be involved as well!

• Admin

I'm interested in hearing more about this idea, Tim. Creating such a show would take a few things:

1. Consistency- One person edits. Otherwise we have a video with a very inconsistent feel that looks like it was directed by 3 people.

2. Direction- A clear image of the show makes for a much better project.

3. Dedication- Now more than ever before, I am trying to pursue my dreams. I graduated college just hours ago. I am currently working towards acting jobs at this very moment. If we do something like this, we need to have a clear vision from everyone involved. The very idea of something like this excites me. We just need to get everyone on the same page to make it happen!

I agree with all of this. We would need to do a lot of planning before we would even begin such a project. Maybe we can work out the logistics first, so we know what the limitations are. We would need one director/editor to guide the filming..(I'm hoping Kev) I think I could come up with a storyline which would explain the different filming(just brainstorming here: but imagine 3 people wake up & they have no memory, they don't know where they are, they are given a camera & instructions?) Or three people wake up..and there mind is in the other persons body? someone goes to bed in L.A and wakes up in the UK?

If we do begin this how many episodes do you think we are capable of producing? 5?

How long would it take us to produce one episode?

how long would it take to film?

How long would it take to edit?

Clear vision: What do we want to achieve with this?

I'd want to display our acting skills from the actors/ our director/editing skills from the director & our writing skills from the writer.

Make use of current technology. There are certain things that hit on youtube like charlie sheen, or rebecca blacks friday..so if there was anything like that make use of it...

at work so I'll come back to this thread with a lot more thought but I like the response so far :relieved:

This is definitely a different kind of project. At this point I don't really have any input. The guy who is writing/directing the web series I'm doing (who is also one of my best friends) agreed that he can shoot anything needed from me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

just trying to work out the process.. i think the difficulty will be sending the videos to one person to edit.. how will we be able to do that? video files are large.. any thoughts?

AJ – Actor (Can Have scenes filmed)
Brakes – Actor (who can film?)
Chris – Actor (Can film)
Julie (possible actor)

Kev- Director
Tim – Writer

1 week to produce 5 minute episode

The process:

I write script and hand to Kev.

Kev creates storyboards, gives 3 actors director instructions how he’d like the scenes filmed.

AJ, Brakes & Chris film three 2 minute scenes each. They send via online

Do we need a space to upload video so it can be downloaded. Could use yousendit/mediafire

Kev downloads 3 videos and edits into an episode.

With a membership i'm pretty sure you can upload large files to sites like megaupload, yousendit etc. Maybe just a matter of sending scenes in small sizes.