JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Could we create our own TV show?

Hero1

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what people shoot on i guess. but full quality AVI files would be best i think. I don't think HD is really needed but for an online show. Saves on video file size a fair bit and full quality standard def is more than good enough for the internet.

• Admin

aight have you got someone who can shoot your scenes brakes? or you got a tripod? we need it all in 16:9 widescreen for youtube as well.. if everyone is okay for filming this.. I'm gonna attempt to write the first episode this weekend..

• Admin

Okay here is the concept:

The show is called YouTopia.

The basic concept is, what would happen if your life ended right now?

This happens to 3 people and they all deal with it differently. Where are they? Who is speaking to them? How do they get back?
If our life ends now and we go to heaven, which is for eternity, is that what we want? Do we want certainty or uncertainty?

I think this gives everyone a chance to take this and put their own imprint it. This allows me to write what I want to write and explore some deeper themes. Right now I'm handing you a canvas with these words which you are free to explore with your own creativity. How Kev edits this could be really interesting, switching between the 3 characters. For the actors you can bring your own ideas to the characters which will govern how they react to the situation. Just remember you've been pulled away from life and you don't know why.

There is a twist at the end of the series, but I don't want to reveal that, because these characters don't know what's going on.

I've written a draft of the first episode.

If you want to throw ideas at me or develop this further have at it. If you got any questions let me know.

You can change the characters names. You can come up with concepts as to what the space you are performing would look like. I imagine you'd be performing right at the camera, which is "the voice"

Ewan: He is angry as hell, frustrated, misses his wife & son, wants to get back to have a positive effect on their life.
Chris: He is scared, but doesn't want to show it. He uses humour as a defence mechanism so is rolling off jokes. He is just at the beginning of his life and has so much ahead of him. He has so much he wants to do in life. He doesn't want to end it here.
Adam: He is completely content with dying. He has accepted death. He doesn't want to go back. He has found most of life up to this point disappointing.

YouTopia

Kev does voiceover, actors react to his voice.

3 characters enter a dream like state, keep it simple. White room or choose a location and act to the camera.

Episode 1: The end of the beginning

Story by Timothy A. Price

Draft 19/07/11

Cast

Ewan Alman...............Ewan
AJ Blackstock...............Adam
Chris Langner ............................Chris
Kev Tasker....................Voice

Sets

Interiors

Bedroom 1, Room 1, 2, 3

FADE IN:

1 INT. BEDROOM – LATE NIGHT

Ewan lays slumped at a computer, He is half asleep. The computer glows in the dark. YouTube fills up the computer screen. The evolution of dance video is playing. As the Video plays Ewan's head hits the desk. He is asleep.

FADE TO:

MAIN Titles

FADE IN:

INT. BRIGHT WHITE ROOM – DAY

EWAN slowly gets to his feet and starts bustin a move, halfway through he realises he is no longer in his house, he looks around, shocked.

EWAN

Wait, where is my son? Where is my Wife?

VOICE

They are gone.

CHRIS wakes up, he reaches out to grab a bottle to take another drink but there is nothing there but air. He looks around, startled.

CHRIS

Wait, is this still part of my hangover?

This… can't be hell. I just watched Rebecca Black's Friday, so I know what hell's like.

VOICE
You are no longer living.

CHRIS

Now why does God always have to have a british accent?

ADAM wakes up singing

Baby, baby, baby ohh like baby, baby, nooo <bieber>

ADAM looks around curiously.

Where is my fiancé dog?

VOICE

Your life, is no longer, your life.

CHRIS

Are you saying heaven is as challenging as life? That's not what I signed up for.

ADAM

What makes my life, my life? The only thoughts I can hear are my own. I can't hear anyone else's. How do I even know that they even have thoughts? How do I know they exist?

CHRIS

If my life has ended today l can say I made the most of every chance, every opportunity, every breath, given to me. I hope. Well except for that 90 minutes I spent watching Batman and Robin.

EWAN

If my life matters to me, my life matters to me.

CHRIS

You don't find that funny? Damn, dog I'm more offended by your lack of a sense of humour, than pulling me here. Actually you can't offend me more than the vile spawn that post comments on youtube.

EWAN

I know I can't exist forever, but what is this? Get me the hell out of here. Get, me, out of here.

CHRIS

I didn't realise God was so sensitive. There has to be an end, there is an end to everything. But why am I stuck here while Charlie Sheen gets to play with the goddesses?

VOICE

They are all gone. Love yourself.

ADAM

Well, yeah, I don't need to see her. If my happiness is determined by someone else I am in a lot of trouble.

EWAN

Everyone needs someone to love them, someone to value them, how else would the human race survive?

CHRIS

Is this because google wants to own the world, including my mind? Or is this because I was meant to be studying for an exam and I ended up watching youtube videos for 2 hours? Where's some tiger blood when you need it?

ADAM

The only person who determines my happiness, is me, dog.

EWAN becoming increasingly frustrated.

Are you saying I don't need my friends, my family, I can just exist like this?

This isn't heaven. You are not God.

I believe in God. You ain't my god. He wouldn't bring me here. He wouldn't take me away from my family.

CHRIS

Life is brief. Eternity is forever. I don't think I can get used to this.

CHRIS has been joking but at this moment he realises where he is. Uncertainty creeps through him. He is worried.

CHRIS

Okay, dream over, I'd like to go back to my life now.

EWAN

Is this a dream… or a nightmare?

CHRIS

I want to go home, or follow a yellow brick road. I'll take either.

EWAN

Why are you tormenting me?

I can deal with anything in life, ANYTHING! As long as I have my family, and the love of my family. If this is a test, this is not a fair test. You are pushing me too far.

EWAN doubles over, the emotional pain rips through his body, through his stomach. He wants to throw up. As he is bent over, he lets out a guttural roar.

CHRIS paces back and forth, he is short of breath. He can't breathe and he begins to have a panic attack.

CHRIS

I'm… I'm enjoying my life. I've got so much more to achieve. I've got so much more...to give.

ADAM is extremely zen.

I don't have any pain, any hurt, any anxiety, any fear, Anything I need to get out, or let out. It's all resolved. I was completely prepared for life to end at any moment.

VOICE

You're not surprised?

ADAM

No I've accepted death.

ADAM

I've found life pretty disappointing, I always looked forward to heaven. I always wanted life to be fair. I always wanted the decisions I made to count. Maybe they didn't count down there, but I knew they were going to count in heaven.

VOICE

How do you know you're in heaven?

ADAM
Well I sure ain't on planet earth.

ADAM

Pain? I realised pretty early on, you can't run away from pain. You have to confront it, extinguish it.

ADAM
Everything positive that happened to me was so much more rewarding because I was doing the right thing. I've come to peace with that. I have my own internal form of justice. If my life has ended I know within myself that I had a positive effect on many lives.

EWAN realises how angry he is, at that moment he thinks of his wife and child, he curls up in the foetal position in the corner.

EWAN

I need to go back, my family needs me.

ADAM

Yesterday I took a dustpan and broom and swept up the crumbs on my carpet, and I'd clean and clean and look down at my work. I was pleased because I could see it was clean. I put the dustpan and broom away and sat down. Suddenly I was looking at the carpet from a different angle, from a new perspective and now I realised I missed a heap of crumbs. Whatever view I have of my life it could never be the absolute truth because it is only my view. I never got to see it from a different angle.

VOICE

Do you want to go back?

CHRIS

Back where? Do I still remember this?

ADAM

No, I'm content with the life I've lived.

VOICE

If you want to go back, there is a way, but you will have to do something to get there.

EWAN

I'll do anything, what is it?

CHRIS

I thought I was dead, and I didn't want to have to tell you this, but I have a grave fear of zombies and I just wouldn't feel comfortable being one.

ADAM

I don't want to do anything, I'm just going to sit here.

ADAM sits on the ground, crosses his legs

VOICE

If you really want to go back, you can do it, but first, you are going to have to be someone else.

EWANS eyes grow wide in surprise.
FADE OUT

Episode 2:

Each character becomes someone else and has to process the pain that they are in..