JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Men in Black 3

Radewart

Bill Hader Talks ‘Men In Black 3’

Hader’s also in front of the cameras for a much bigger film, “Men In Black 3D,” where he plays Andy Warhol. Hader was “in awe“ of the experience, exclaiming, “It’s so huge! You go to the set every day and everything’s so big. And I get to sit in a chair and have Rick Baker do my make-up every morning, it’s a huge thrill.”

In response to the fluid nature of the film’s script, Hader, who exclusively worked on the second half of the film’s famously bisected shooting schedule, clarified, “It’s not like there were whole new scenes.” In fact, he made it sound positively Apatow-ian, clarifying, “We would do one version, then we’d shoot a second version, then a third version, and we’d kind of mash things together. It was never a question of what scene we were doing, it’s not like there was a guy with a typewriter sitting in a corner in every scene. It was pretty cool.” Hader specifically singled out the work of Josh Brolin, here playing a younger version of Tommy Lee Jones’ K character. “Josh Brolin’s Tommy Lee Jones is scary good,” he clarified. “Everyone came to the table read and he does it, and we were all like, ‘Holy ****.’ ”

Source: http://blogs.indiewi...n_men_black_3d/ Edited by Ale

• 4 weeks later...

Sony Pictures Entertainment to Release Men in Black 3 in IMAX® 3D

Highly Anticipated Third Installment in Men in Black Series Blasts Into IMAX® Theatres in May 2012

LOS ANGELES, Sept. 12, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IMAX Corporation (NYSE:IMAX) (TSX:IMX) and Sony Pictures Entertainment today announced that the action comedy Men in Black™ 3 will be released to IMAX® theatres simultaneously with the film's worldwide release on May 25, 2012. Directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, Men in Black 3 is the first in the franchise to be released in IMAX.
Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are back in black in Men in Black 3. Directed by Barry Sonnenfeld from a screenplay written by Etan Cohen, based on the Malibu Comic by Lowell Cunningham, the film is produced Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald and executive produced by Steven Spielberg and G. Mac Brown. The film also stars Josh Brolin, Jemaine Clement, and Emma Thompson.
"Releasing a film in IMAX® 3D signals an event release, and Men in Black 3 on Memorial Day weekend certainly qualifies in a big way. We couldn't be more excited about how MIB 3 will look and sound in IMAX theatres," said Rory Bruer, president of Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures Releasing.
"Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones and Barry Sonnenfeld have made the Men in Black franchise a fan favorite and we're excited to feature the return of this iconic title in IMAX," said Greg Foster, Chairman and President, IMAX Filmed Entertainment. "Men in Black 3 is another strong addition to our 2012 film slate and we're looking forward to continuing to work with the talented team at Sony Pictures."
http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/news.html?d=232118

• 2 weeks later...

EXCL: Rick Baker on Alien Designs of Men in Black 3

he told us he was in New York plugging away at Men in Black 3 which will feature an eclectic array of all-new alien FX. "The thing that's cool is there is a time travel element [to the story]. Where I had fun is that we go back to the Men in Black headquarters of the '60s. The first thing I said is that we should have retro aliens, not aliens of 2012. More based on B-movies of the '50s and '60s. So, a lot of the aliens are based on that. Space suits with fishbowl helmets and ray guns."

http://www.shocktill...ws.php?id=21177 Edited by Ale

Will Smith’s NYC Rental for Sale

Will Smith’s apartment and temporary home-away-from-home while filming “Men In Black III” has hit the NoHo real estate market in Manhattan for $19.5 million.

The actor, musician and producer snagged the rental in 2010 after a lengthy search in the Big Apple for the perfect temporary digs. According to an article in the New York Post last year, Smith reportedly hired one woman who flew to the East Coast to view one apartment before heading back to the West Coast a few hours later. Why the in-depth search? Smith was looking for not only a private and luxurious New York apartment, but one with room for his family and wife Jada Pinkett-Smith.

The place at 25 Bond Street clearly fits the bill. One of only eight apartments in the building, the nearly $20 million home has over 7,300 square feet of living space, five bedrooms and 6.5 bathrooms. Smith paid a reported $55,000 a month in rent, which is one of the reasons to choose to rent rather than buy in this area. The monthly payment for this home, even with 20 percent down and low mortgage rates, is $84,302 with a 30-year-fixed loan. It’s no secret that New York real estate is expensive; in the NoHo neighborhood, median home values hit at $745,000, according to data from Zillow Mortgage Marketplace.

Smith got his start as television’s “The Fresh Prince,” and moved into rapping and producing, making the move to film in the late 1990s. “Men in Black” came out in 1997, followed by “Men in Black II” in 2002. “Men in Black III” is slated for release spring 2012.

The listing is held by Michael Ives of Sotheby’s International.

http://www.zillow.com/blog/2011-09-27/will-smiths-nyc-rental-for-sale/

• 3 weeks later...

Men In Black Video Game Arriving In 2012

Activision announced that they're working with Columbia Pictures to create a new Men in Black video game. The standalone game will arrive in Spring 2012, around the same time that Men in Black III hits theaters.

"The Men In Black franchise is an unbeatable starting point to deliver a genre-bending gaming experience with a level of production value on par with Hollywood," said David Oxford, Executive Vice President of Activision Publishing.

According to the press release, the MIB video game will share the film's "unique blend of action, humor, and special effects." Presumably you'll be shooting lots of aliens. Pretty common behavior for a gamer. Activision is planning both console and handheld versions. Additional details on gameplay features will be released soon.

The game has an original story that builds on the history of the series. You'll see a mixture of new and old faces. Wonder whether they'll get Will Smith or Tommy Lee Jones to contribute.

"With Activision bringing the Men In Black universe to life on next gen consoles for the first time, the Men In Black video game will be both familiar to fans, an exciting beginning for the uninitiated, and revolutionary for the franchise," said Mark Caplan, vice president of licensing for Sony Pictures Entertainment.

There has only been one MIB video game released in the franchise's history. Men in Black II: Alien Escape, based partly on the second film, tasked players with hunting down violent aliens that escaped from a prison ship. Considering how much money the MIB films brought in, it's a bit surprising there haven't been more games. A movie about two dudes shooting aliens seems like an ideal candidate for a video game cross-over.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Men-Black-Video-Game-Arriving-2012-35993.html

You’ll Get to Be an Alphabet Agent in the New Men in Black Video Game

Announced earlier this week, Activision's in-development Men in Black video game will be tying into the sci-fi film franchise's currently filming threequel. The trailer that's running on the floor of 2011 New York Comic-Con reveals that the game's a third-person shooter where you'll apparently be playing as a rookie alphabetically-named agent. You'll be hunting down the xenoforms that live amongst us and mind-wiping any civilians who see what the MIB do while doing their duty. Look to become a black-suited secret agent when the Men in Black game hits next May.

VIDEO

http://kotaku.com/58...lack-video-game

Edited by Ale

NYCC 2011: Kotobukiya Announces Street Fighter & Men In Black Bishoujos

Sometimes, the best news seems to slip right under the radar–this was definitely the case at Kotobukiya’s booth this year! The best announcements were hidden away in their pamphlet, in tiny little boxes next to an image of the finished Liara. So, what are these amazing announcements? Well, we have two new franchises joining the Bishoujo line!

First off is the new Game Bishoujo addition, Street Fighter! Two characters were announced, Cammy and Chun-Li, and of course they will be in 1/7 scale like all of the new Bishoujos. These two girls certainly won’t be the only ones, and several more releases are hinted at!

Second is a pretty awesome addition to the Movie Bishoujo line, Men In Black 3! Like the Ghostbuster Lucy, this will be an original character–a female agent of the MIB! I’m pretty excited to get a Bishoujo in a suit, and I can’t wait to see what Shunya Yama****a does for both of these new lines.

Hit the jump to check out the text from the official announcements!

Men In Black 3

Coming Summer 2012: a new Men In Black agent joins Kotobukiya’s Bishoujo, or beautiful girls, series of statues featuring heroes and villains from your favorite comics and movies. She may work for a highly funded yet unofficial government agency, but it would take more than a shot from the neural neutralizer to forget this MIB agent. Based on an illustration by master illustrator Shunya Yama****a, images and statistics on this agent are highly classified.

http://www.plastikit...black-bishoujos

Edited by Ale

• 5 weeks later...

Sony's Corey Turner Talks "Men In Black III" - Interview

Q: You’re currently working on Men In Black III. What’s your approach to that film? What would you like to achieve with the film?

A: I always go back and review my/our last films along with what’s new and recently released. I also study the directors previous films so I’m familiar with the subtle style choices each director tends to carry from film to film. When it comes to films I have worked on, it’s what worked vs. what didn’t and do those items apply to this next film. For the films new to the market that others are doing I look at the same traits and talk to people to see what they liked or disliked about that movie.

We improve with every film because we build on experience. As good as we did on Alice in Wonderland, I knew that we had to do even better on Transformers: Dark of the Moon. The same rule applies going in to Arthur Christmas and Men In Black III. Audiences are getting more and more savvy and discerning about 3D movies. They deserve a premium experience, especially when they are paying a premium price. I am extremely proud of what we did on Transformers and Arthur Christmas, but I know there are things that we can do even better still.

So, I will work with my teams on Men In Black III to make sure that we apply that experience and perfect our work. We’ll try and match the look and feel of natively photographed 3D even closer. We’ll try to get more shape and roundness into our characters without them feeling bubbly or distorted. We’ll try and get more subtle depth cues and detail into the images so that they look and feel as if it was actually shot in 3D but stylized and tailored to match the exact look and feel that we think is needed for Men In Black III.

Barry Sonnenfeld kept 3D in mind when shooting our plates. Thus, he has already created a great foundation on which to build. Now it’s up to our teams at Imageworks and Prime Focus to execute and create a 3D experience that (1) is 100% tailored to be a great fit for Men in Black III and it’s fans, and (2) is not a gimmick but an enhancement to the story.

I want audiences to walk away from Men In Black III saying, “I am really glad I saw that in 3D…It’s like a different and even better movie!”

I recently screened Transformers: Dark of the Moon in 3D for Barry Sonnenfeld and that was the comment he made after watching it. That’s what we want audiences to say after watching Men In Black III in 3D!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2011/11/15/interview-with-sony-pictures-imageworks-3d-stereographer-corey-turner-part-2/3/