JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

WILL SMITH PREFERS MUSIC TO ACTING

Guest lambertj3

Guest lambertj3
Will Smith Prefers Music Over Acting

Answering questions on which he preferred a career in music to that of acting, Will Smith told Reuters, "If the money were the same it would absolutely be music. Music is closest to my heart. As an actor I am more a tool for the director to see his or her vision but as a musician I write what I want to write, I say what I want to say, I create the way I want to create. So it is more about me when I am making the music, absolutely there is nothing like being on stage with music." Watch the highlight clip from the 'I, Robot' UK premiere in London, which included a performance by Smith. Edited by lambertj3

the music was what he always did the acting came later and plus he says he has always had 30 - 40 songs hanging around ready to use

[quote=lambertj3,Aug 9 2004, 03:56 AM]." Watch the highlight clip from the 'I, Robot' UK premiere in London, which included a performance by Smith.[/quote]
I know that..I never used to believe it, but 4 the last 4 weeks, I knew I believed that Will loves music alot. :thumb:
and i also heard switch 4 five seconds at that very I robot primiere :wiggle:

[b]Word Life[/b]

you can no doubt feel Will on his deeper stuff on all his albums. Just gotta look past the singles into the real album, each album is like the current chapter of his life, what hes feeling at the moment, whats on his mind...etc. Its great. In movies, he's just playing a part that the writers created and everything is planned. Fun to watch but it's not the real FP.

One thing i think that is really cool about FP's (and JJ's) fanbase is that there are alot of guys and we are all from different ages and different places all over the world. When u go 2 other rappers' message boards, they tend 2 be mostly from the US or they tend 2 be between the ages of 13 and 18, or they tend 2 be almost all females. I think that shows that his/their music relates 2 us 4 real. While i don't really like Eminem or Jay-Z, i'll relate 2 a lil' bit of their stuff, but i don't feel any heart in their music. When i listen 2 FP's, i can releated 2 pretty much all of it and i can tell when he really put himself in2 a song. FP talks like i talk, he thinks like i think, he feels like i feel...know what i mean. There isn't 2 many other emcees/rappers out there who represent ME!!

Can i get a witness?!? :shaketheroom: