JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Neyo Comes Out

Da Brakes

Singer Ne-yo Announces He Is Gay | Essence Magazine August 23,2006

The newly famed singer/songwriter has came out of the closet and announced that he is gay. The multi-platinum recording artist sat down for the October issue of Essence Magazine last week and announced the shocking news stating, "Yes, I am gay, and I have always been." After several internet rumors have been circulating around the internet. He also said, "You now this world we live in is full of judgement, resulting in one of the reasons why it took me so long to come out of the closet." Earlier this month, a man by the name of Derrick Johnson claimed that he had an intimate relationship with the singer during there teen years in high school. He also said that for months the singer and Def Jam has been trying to pay him to keep quiet over the ordeal. Worrying that it would destroy his image. Ne-yo responds saying, that the relationship did occur and he is no longer ashamed of saying that he was deeply in love. Reciting "That situation was what inspired me to write the song Unfaithful. But no one knew it was actually about myself, and our relationship." He told Essence that he doesn't care anymore, he was tired of living a lie and is ready to come clean. Quoting, "the music industry can either except me for who I am, or desert me." The full interview with the magazine is expected to hit stands mid-October.

Barbra Stradoff,

Essence Magazine

And I was just playin' NeYo's album last night. :shakehead: :shrug:

I mean if he is, that's fine; but how does he have a kid? He couldn't have been gay in the mist of all that, don't ya think? Actually, look at the date of the article. I think NeYo already dispelled this. You know how people talk. I can see how they've arrived at these opinions. But then again, you never know.

Edited by mfuqua23

Every solo male R-N-B artist is said to be gay at some time...MJ, Usher, now Ne-Yo. I won't really buy in2 this until i see the actual article from a legit source. I waz thinkin' the same thing Fuq waz...why would he have had a kid awhile ago if he waz gay an in a relationship. I know there are a few entertainers who have done that 2 keep their private lives secret, but Ne-Yo wazn't always aiming 2 be a solo artist...just a writer and producer. I have no problem if he actually is gay, that doesn't make him less talented. However, since a big part of me likes the artists i like becuz i can identify with them and their lyrics would definitly take a hit if he would be singing about guys...ha ha.

I doubt that is it true, and even if it is, I could care less. Love his music. By the way, Pakalicious, allot of Songwriters write songs in perspective of both man and wimen.

Yeah, but what i said was that they were saying that he wrote it about a guy who was cheating on him.. read it carefully then comment me man.. I know that how songwriters and ghostwriters write man..

The fact that the "article" is dated in August makes it pretty phoney 2. If it were true, he would have owned up 2 it now and it would have gotten more attention then Lance from NSYNC coming out.