JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith working with Kanye West?

Vipa

Hey AJ, How could u put Nas in the same category as Jay-Z, Nelly, 50 Cent, and Eminem when he's miles ahead of them? :dunno: He's a legend and has put out solid LP's, a lot of people say that "Illmatic" was his only great album but I disagree with that, his new single ain't the greatest thing he ever did but it's still solid compared to what else is out right now, his new album is getting solid reviews already, he's gonna be around way longer than those other m.c.'s u mentioned.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lambertj3
Soundscan is one way it proves how good a rapper is because thats how many people enjoy your album if people didn't buy albums no one would even know who will smith , rakim or eminem is without albums, tv etc . rakim is great but he has fallen waaaay off where is he now sure he pioneered for 50 and the rest but he can't compare now, if he was so great now why isn't their a high demand for his album now? seems like everyone forgot about him. AJ i disagree with your points but you have a right to your opinion and i appreciate you for that .krizia i am not saying they are better because of soundscan but like i say thats just one thing for proof if people thought they were wack no one would buy their album talk about how 50 is the hottest out now and eminem is the #1 rapper even other BLACK artist acknowledge that, i respect your opinion but you are one person compared to the 20 million that bought these guys album, black+white people(who)bought the album.

I seen Joe put his fav. 5. Well, I'll put mine. No specific order.

1. Will Smith (including his JJ+FP era)
2. NaS
3. 2pac
4. Rakim (but I only have the best of)
5. FuQ (can't name anyone else, so why not put myself, rite?)

Other rappers, I like but their not favs.

Kanye is a very talented artist no question about it, but I don't list him as one of my favorites of all-time yet, it's still too early for that. But when it comes down to longevity and consistancy, these are the 5 MC's that are never gonna be questionable for. I'd put 2Pac on this list but he ain't alive anymore, but there's no doubt that he's a hip-hop immortal. Anyway here it is:
1.Big Ted(Ready to save hip-hop and take over for a new era)
2. KRS-ONE(Even if he never goes platinum again, he'll still be making albums 'till he drops)
3.Will Smith(once he quits acting, he'll prove that rapping is his #1 priority)
4.LL Cool J(he'll still take out any mc that tries to battle him, he could rip any rapper on Def Jam right now)
5.Nas(he's a hip-hop legend that has respect for the game so he won't stop)

Top 5

1. Fresh Prince (hes got mad skills yet its always overshadowed by his acting)
2. LL Cool J (great MC whose been around in the game for 18 years and still sellin' records)
3. 2pac (Great stuff, deep meaningful, considered one of the best all-time)
4. Queen Latifah (Who knows when she'll drop another new rap album but I love 1993's Black Reign. On that album she completely rips it).
5. Kanye West (Excellent producer now coming in as an excellent rapper. Hopefully he leads a new wave of rap with Talib Kweli and anyone else who is different and doesn't talk about crap like 90% of rap does).