JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Another MJ album?

sonic1988

As far as I know everyone here is a fan of MJ in one way or another, either you like the Jackson 5, or perfer the solo works. But anyway, I was curious, do you think MJ will make another album? Its been almost 5 years since Invincible was released (October 30th or 31st, 2001) and its been the longest wait anyone has had for an album by MJ (I'm considering "Blood on the dance floor" to be an album, because it did have a some original songs on it.) I know he's had to move and is in Europe somewhere, but you would think that we would have some word as to a new song or something. I know you could say that Number Ones could count, but it only had one song, and Michael did background vocals on it. But do you think we will get one more full-length album from MJ, or do you think Invincible is his last album?

well i have been a fan since before i can remmember, possibly about 2 or something. I still play is old songs regulary and he is one of my fave artists. He has been getting steadily worse, in fact i havnt even bought invinsible yet (slap on the wrist), anyway, if he does bring out an album and its only 1% as good as thriller was id still buy it.

Ive heard he is bringing out a new album, but im not sure it will happen bcoz his hurracaine katrina song didnt happen. If he did release it only hardcore fans would buy it. His image has been completely destroyed and so many people believe he is a peadophile. i guess it all comes down to whether any record company would attempt to market him.

I seriously hope that the wackest man ever stops making music. I hate him and pray to Telly Savalas that the guy will shut up and never ever make anything again. But do I think the guy is making another album? Yes. Like Andre 3000 said;

"if I did that, you would not hear that phat **** that keeps you on your tippy tippy toes like that sellout, not calling no names but really - who's bad"

I hope so, but I dont think he will, media has crushed his opportunities, but I do really hope he brings out another album, he's a living legend.

Anyone that hates on him dont realise what they owe him for making some of their current favourite artists want to aspire to be musicians. Michael Jackson has inspired many peoples careers, music owes a lot to MJ.

Well I think MJ's planning on coming back with an album next year but who knows though with him, he was supposed to be working on a Hurricane Katrina song with a bunch of other artists and that was a year ago and that still hasn't even came out, hopefully he does come out with something in the near future to bounce back from all the controversey

MJ never stops working on music. It's his passion. He'll definitly be putting out music again. And there's thousands of people who are gonna get it. All that haters just have 2 deal with that.

Anyone that hates on him dont realise what they owe him for making some of their current favourite artists want to aspire to be musicians. Michael Jackson has inspired many peoples careers, music owes a lot to MJ.

that is very true, I know some musicians give respect to MJ because he sings in different keys, as opposed to most musicians who will sing in the key of E because guitars are tuned in E.

But its good that Michael is working on some new stuff, I did hear about the Katrina song as well, but I just figured it was a rumour.

And Julie, Invincible isn't really that good anyway. You rock my world is good, and the first couple tracks (I forgot the names) are pretty good as well.

I absolutly loved Invincible. It wants Michael on his usual way, but it was one of the best produced R&B Albums in those years. Every R&B Album that went big in the 2 years after it, was base on the production of Invincible. I loved the way how it was a combo of Hip Hop, Pop & R&B. Heavily underrated Album. You better like that stuff, caus if MJ will release an album again, it will probably go into the same direction as "invincible", since almost only Hip Hop Artists kep standing behind MJ during his case. He`s rumored to work with Pharrel and Kanye too, for his new album. I also dont agree that he got worse with every release. On History he had some of the best songs of his career, and that wasnt a album of his early days.

On MJ himself: Love him or hate him.. But it is unqestionable that he is one of the best, if not the best, musicina of our time. He changed music forever, no mather in what direction. Rock, R&B, Hip Hop, Electro. Every R&B & Pop Artists that came out, after he got big, was inspired by him. Also allot of Hip Hop wouldnt be as big if it wouldnt be for MJ. Lets not forget that was was the first black man on MTV. What he did with Thriller is something nobody will ever do again. He`s the untouchable Kinf Of Pop, and he allways will be, no mather if he never releases anymore.

Well, I dont think he's even close on of the best. And sure, he might be influential, but when it comes to hiphop he doesnt have a big role. Since this is what I rank musicians after, I dont really like MJ;

1. Text

2. The person that makes the music

3. Voice

4. Beat

Guy fails big time at 2, and I dont even like his 1, 3 or 4 for that matter. But sure, I can see how people like his music.

I've seen a lot of people here who say they care about who makes the music, that it is something personal and that the musicians should be role model... but then you go and pick up cds from MJ, R Kelly and Jamie Foxx. And thats just silly... I doubt any of you really care about the persons behind the music as long as its dancable.

Personally i feel now that anyone who hates on Michael Jackson only does so because they believe the medias perception of him, and think that all there is to him is a child molestation court case and that he's a pervert. And completely overlook the last 40 years he has been making ground breaking music. And as much as they may not like to believe it, most of music today, of any genre, is influenced by MJ, and wouldnt be what it is today without his impression.

I dont think he did molets anyone, but I`m damn shure he has mental problems. And I dont think guyslike R. Kelly etc. are good role models, if you look at certain parts of ho they life theyr life. But when it comes to music, its diffrent. Guys like MJ are mastermends in that. Genious and madness allways have been close to each other throughout history.

i think the majority of the artists i listen to arnt good role models, as long as they dont put crazy stuff in the lyrics it doesnt bother me.

ive watched every programme i can on MJ, i thinks hes insane but probably not a bad person.

Just to add today a survey came out in the UK on our favourite albums ever, thriller came second, only to be beaten by the beatles, who are scousers just like me wahey.

I love MJ, and got all his albums!

I'll say like turntable: "I dont think he did molets anyone, but I`m damn shure he has mental problems". but as long as he makes good music, I'll keep litsening to him.