JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will to star in I am legend

*mimi*

• Admin

hey mimis back.. that movie has been in development for a long time.. Francis Lawrence sucks as a director so this doesn't look good.. Alex Proyas was talking about doing it with Will..he would have been a much better choice... this makes movie #6 Will has signed on 2 do :paperbag:

• Members

I say f**k hip-hop and do more movies. I'm sorry to say this, I really am. I also enjoy his music, but let's face it - he's a much better actor than he is a singer.

And you're right, it's gotten so ridiculous with the amount of movies he signed on to do but finally - a movie that I am actually excited about. Don't get mew wrong: Tief, Tonight, Time Share - they all sound good, but I read "I Am Legend" a long time ago and looooved it.

I mean, the story is pretty beautiful for a horror novel;) That's right - beautiful:) I can't wait to see what he does with this one. One thing bothers me: the Akiva Goldsman rewrite - not cool:/

I say f**k hip-hop and do more movies. I'm sorry to say this, I really am. I also enjoy his music, but let's face it - he's a much better actor than he is a singer.

And you're right, it's gotten so ridiculous with the amount of movies he signed on to do but finally - a movie that I am actually excited about. Don't get mew wrong: Tief, Tonight, Time Share - they all sound good, but I read "I Am Legend" a long time ago and looooved it.

I mean, the story is pretty beautiful for a horror novel;) That's right - beautiful:) I can't wait to see what he does with this one. One thing bothers me: the Akiva Goldsman rewrite - not cool:/

I know many members of this board compeletly disagree with you, including me.

I don't think Will's ever done 6 movies before releasing an album, at this rate we won't get another album for the next 5 years and he'll never go on tour, I guess he's lost again, I'm not that excited about him doing all these films.... :shakehead:

Edited by bigted

Will Smith Declares I Am Legend

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=18625

Check out the contract he is on !!

Hopefully this means he won't do it and he'll take the money :wiggle:

argh anymore movies and im gonna cry. i was all ready for a 3 year wait for another album, i could cope with that, but about 6 years or something, thats just wrong.

i was excited about the movies again, but now there is too many, the dummy is officially out of the pram. :tantrum:

Alot of the projects ("It takes a Theif", "Greenback", ect.), are just that projects. The screenplays are being written and Will may do them in the future, but he hasn't signed a contract like he has on this movie. I've been following Will's career for awhile now, and I can remember many projects he was associated with that neve happen or yet to happen. Remember "The Mark", "K-Pax", "Brushback", "I Know Pronounce You Chuck and Larry", "the Untitled Alan Counter Project", "A Star is Born", "Kind Heart and Coronets", there's a bunch more. Hell, look how long it took for "I Am Legend" to finally come about. He was gonna do this four years ago with Michael Bay. Plus, they haven't begun filming yet, so **** can happen.

yeah i remmember hearing about all those films too, but hasnt he signed on to quite a lot of the films we've heard about. As far as i know he signed onto "tonight he comes", "time share", "greenback" and this one, i dont know how correct that info is tho coz im so mixed up with the amount of movies that are floating around now.

Well either way even if he does all these films or not, it's dissapointing that he's in line for all these films after saying in all interviews last year about how he was planning on touring and how he wanted to be more involved with music but then all we hear is him being involved with all these film projects, I mean come on now I'd like to hear some news of him doing a performance or a guest appearance in between, come on now he got a recording studio in his trailer on the road and at his house, it's not that hard to release some music for the fans in between, it's like you just don't go from saying how you're gonna be involved more with music and then sign up for all these films, wtf? :hmm:

Edited by bigted