JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

DMC Gets Reality Treatment on VH1

bigted

Daily Hip-Hop News:

DMC Gets Reality Treatment On VH1

Thursday - February 2, 2006 by Jolene "foxxylady" Petipas

Hip hop icon and Run-DMC co-founder Darryl "DMC" McDaniels will reveal the life-altering discovery of his adoption via a VH1 documentary entitled "DMC: My Adoption Journey."

While gathering information for his autobiography in 2000, DMC's "mother" revealed to the then 35-year-old that he was adopted. The revelation sent DMC on a journey to find out more about his biological family, and a VH1 film crew was there to capture it all.

"My Adoption Journey" will air on February 25, at 9 PM and will be VH1's first reality TV documentary under the VH1 Rock Doc Series. As previously reported by SOHH, the series will also do a feature on TLC's Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, which will air later on in the year.

DMC will also be releasing his long overdue solo album titled Checks, Thugs and Rock n Roll in March. The album will be released through his own label Rags 2 Riches Records, and will feature appearances from Sarah McLachlan, Ms. Jade, Kid Rock and actor Gary Dourdan ("CSI," "A Different World"), among others.

DMC's former partner-in-rhyme Joseph "Reverend Run" Simmons enjoyed enormous success when his reality show "Run's House" debuted on MTV late last year. According to Daily Variety, the first four episodes of the show averaged 2.1 million viewers.

The show focused on Run as he juggled between his rapping career and raising his five children. MTV ordered a second season of Run's House which is slated to air later on this year.

"DMC: My Adpotion Journey" will air on VH1 on February 25 at 9pm, while DMC's solo album, Checks, Thugs and Rock n Roll, is due on March 14.

This sounds interesting. I can't wait 2 see this. And it's about time this album came out. It took nearly as long as Crown Royal did 2 come out. Years ago, he said it would be a mix of Hip-Hop, Rock, and acoustic folk music. Since his voice has lost nearly all of it's power, i have no idea what it's gonna sound like. I'm definitly getting it tho.' I sure i'll like it just as much as Run's album. I'm not always in the mood 4 it...but when i am, it's just what i need.