JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

What is the best album to get?

JJMarsh

• Members

Hey I was wondering if anyone here could help me. I don't have any of the JJ/FP albums..(ok i'm sorry) so i want to know if you guys could have one album which would it be? I have all of WS solo albums, and one JJ/FP completion. Your help would be appericated as i want to get a good one to start with, and then get the rest of them.

:2thumbs:

Thanks

For me it would be between Code Red and He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper. If your more into Will's newer stuff get Code Red, especially if your a big fan of Willennium. If ya like the old skool stuff, go for He's The DJ, great tracks, and it gives JJ a fuller rip on the wheels.

Edited by Big Willie

I'd say get "Code Red" and "He's The DJ..." 1st 'cause they're the best ones but the other JJFP albums are quite solid too, welcome to the board man, you'll enjoy it here!

• Members

Thanks for the welcome and the reply's...i'm thinking it will be code red then. One other question, i was just listening to some clips of the JJ soul mix CD. Is it songs that he has taken and then mixed or is it just his favourates? I'm a bit confused about that, but i love the sound of it.

For me it would be between Code Red and He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper. If your more into Will's newer stuff get Code Red, especially if your a big fan of Willennium. If ya like the old skool stuff, go for He's The DJ, great tracks, and it gives JJ a fuller rip on the wheels.

:iagree: :word:

• Admin

Thanks for the welcome and the reply's...i'm thinking it will be code red then. One other question, i was just listening to some clips of the JJ soul mix CD. Is it songs that he has taken and then mixed or is it just his favourates? I'm a bit confused about that, but i love the sound of it.

hes just mixed a lot of rare soul tracks..its a good album

While each album is totally JJ+FP and has multi-flavas...especially as time went on, i'd go by the vibe each album has...

ROCK THE HOUSE (1987) - straight old school

HE'S THE DJ, I'M THE RAPPER - classic golden age Hip-Hop

AND IN THIS CORNER... - late 89's, high energy, experimental Hip-Hip

HOMEBASE - Hip-Hop mixed with a dash of club music...personification of early 90's

CODE RED - laid back, straight Hip-Hip 4 the 90's