JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Richard Pryor dead at 65

sonic1988

RIP to the GOAT comedian!

aww..I just read that. I LOVE Richard Pryor. Rest In Peace...

LOS ANGELES - Richard Pryor, the groundbreaking comedian whose profanely personal insights into race relations and modern life made him one of Hollywood's biggest stars, died of a heart attack Saturday. He was 65.

Pryor died shortly before 8 a.m. after being taken to a hospital from his home in the San Fernando Valley, said his business manager, Karen Finch. He had been ill for years with multiple sclerosis, a degenerative disease of the nervous system.

peace,

cookie

RIP Richard Pryor

He was the greatest comedian of all-time. Yes, I said it, the G.O.A.T. Better than Cosby, Eddie, Seinfeld, George Carlin, Chris Rock, better than them all.

For those of you who are still wet behind the ears, rent his comedy stand-up movie, Live At The Sunset Strip. After watching that you will understand why he was the greatest.

Richard was light years ahead of the game. Like Marvin Gaye, Richard's comedy was way before its time. There was no subject that was off-limits to Pryor. Simply put, he set the bar that comedians like Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle are still trying to reach today.

• Admin

Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder was the greatest on screen duo of all time.. I got all there movies on DVD and the laughs some of those scenes give me is endless..that is on screen chemistry.. I concur with topdawg on live at sunset strip..the way richard explains his trip to africa is pure comic genius.. R.I.P.

I remember watching Richard Pryor when I was little. He was so damn funny. He was a great comedian. Thanx 4 all the memories Mr.Pryor. May he rest in peace

He is a comedic genuis and will be sadly missed, rest in peice Mr. Pryor, He suffered pain all during his life and this was the way that he tried to forget about it, making his fans laugh...it was what he done best and probably one of the best to do it.

Rest In Peice.