JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

You know what? DO YOU?

Frenetic

Who in their right mind would promote a album like this.

I mean... he had a huge single...sales were going good... EVERYONE in the biz know... when it's going good... you milk it (not the hit single, but the album), Partystarter should've released to radio late may/June... it takes time for it to pick up spins... it should've been a hit in July, FP shouldn't have done a friggin Wild Wild West/Gettin jiggy with it type of pop, pop streetdance type of musicvideo. Dude... your saying your rhymes dumbed down? THIS VIDEO DUMBED DOWN!

So... in september and now... Tell me why should've come... Perfect period of time. What does willie do... he does movies. And he's happy he put aside 8 months for music... wtf is this... his second priority? YES IT IS! YESSIIRR

Don't blame that on interscope...how they gone promote a dude filming a flick?

This time.. he had the same choices that he speaks about on his album... music or movie..dumb down or put ya foot down and speak up. Well..the album just gets worse...cause he makes me belive it's all BS... He ain't neva going to be a fullfledged rapper again.. The movies is his thing..

Damn..I'ma play the rain and tell me why. this is just irritating.

Just gotta add:

I still love the album, I won't ever stop listening to willie and all that.

Just so u guys don't get all Loretta/loretto on me.

we're all annoyed, whether its at interscope or will himself. maybe he didnt push the album as much cause he knew it wouldnt sell as much. face it will smiths name is a joke in the rap game( now adays at least) i dont think thats true. but if you say you listen to will smith to your friend. they will laugh. and its happened to me so many times.

Well reality is that Will's time in the rap game is basically up and it ain't his fault, it actually lasted longer than most of those who came out when he did, well kids might laugh at Will but they probably never heard of Public Enemy so that's just as bad. The rap game changed too much and he ain't up to the times now, the dismay of the game probably takes his love away from it too, he might as well do what makes him happy and receive less criticism if he likes to do movies, instead of trying to defend himself so much as a rapper after all the years he put into it, whatever he wants to do it's his life and we gotta understand that as fans. 99% of rappers have PA labels and lots of guest appearances on their albums, I think a lot of commercial rappers resist collabing 'cause he don't curse too, there's no clean rappers out there, that's why I ain't a big fan of gangsta rap 'cause it killed a lot of great careers.

Well reality is that Will's time in the rap game is basically up and it ain't his fault, it actually lasted longer than most of those who came out when he did, well kids might laugh at Will but they probably never heard of Public Enemy so that's just as bad. The rap game changed too much and he ain't up to the times now, the dismay of the game probably takes his love away from it too, he might as well do what makes him happy and receive less criticism if he likes to do movies, instead of trying to defend himself so much as a rapper after all the years he put into it, whatever he wants to do it's his life and we gotta understand that as fans. 99% of rappers have PA labels and lots of guest appearances on their albums, I think a lot of commercial rappers resist collabing 'cause he don't curse too, there's no clean rappers out there, that's why I ain't a big fan of gangsta rap 'cause it killed a lot of great careers.

Dude, you just made me feel a lil sad. I can't believe FP is gonna be out of the rap game soon. I was really hoping for him and Jazzy to go ol skool and make a JJFP record in a few years. I still believe FP will make some more records. He wants to rap too. I personally don't think of him as the adult who dresses like he did in hitch. I think of will like he dressed in the old Fresh Prince of Bel Air shows, funky and fresh. I just got into FP's music this year, but I don't even like any other rappers then him. So for me to hear his career is coming to an end makes me feel like wow already? Will sounded fresh in willenium and lost 'n found was a tight album. I personally don't care what the rest of the world thinks of Big Will. Who cares if his records are hot? Does it really matter that other rappers diss him and he dosen't get the respect he deserves? I feel like all those people are just missing out on a lyerical myerical haha. Plus isn't the record lost 'n found meant to be his coming back into the rap game? Just because his records aren't sellin the best dosen't mean he won't be around awhile. I will always be a FP fan and will always enjoy his rap. If FP leaves the rap game for good, alteast we all have his def records to listen to.

Edited by bart5

Hold on I meant that Will's time in the spotlight as a rapper is just about over but he loves hip-hop, I see him still doing shows and recording as long as he wants 'cause there'll still be a part of him that just loves to do it, I think he loves to do it beyond fame but he probably won't selling 10 million anymore, he should just go back to havin' fun and ignore the critics like he used to.

nice post. i've been having some issues in life that have filled me with some anger and outrage and this fits right up my alley. it's nice to read whether or not it may be entirely true. i still can't say that Lost & Founds sales (or lack thereof) is all Will's fault and not Interscope's but the rest was really something to think about.

• Admin

by knowing that after 18 months Will is going to begin filming another movie, and by releasing the albums and singles in a timely manner. Switch February Party Starter May Tell Me Why July and still Will can promote the music and then get back to film.. I think its more important for him to take the time off from movies to MAKE the album, and make it good..rather than taking time off to promote it. I couldnt care less if Will made a horrible album and then spent 9 months promoting it, all I care about is if when i buy my new will album if its gonna be as good as the others.

Well, i dont care if Will is dissed or not, or if ppl love his music or not, i just wanna know that he is recordin cause i'll be always a fan. I know he loves the rap, but the rap is changin so quickly, and he's becomin a veteran of rap, I think he must finish this good, cuase personally i think he'll do maxium one more album.

Everybody will remember "Parents just dont understand", "Gettin jiggy", "Miami", "Switch", and many other songs, even if ppl dont care, these are now History of music. The word "Jiggy" also will pass to history, That's why we are fans, so take it easy ppl.

Edited by Luigie

by knowing that after 18 months Will is going to begin filming another movie, and by releasing the albums and singles in a timely manner. Switch February Party Starter May Tell Me Why July and still Will can promote the music and then get back to film.. I think its more important for him to take the time off from movies to MAKE the album, and make it good..rather than taking time off to promote it. I couldnt care less if Will made a horrible album and then spent 9 months promoting it, all I care about is if when i buy my new will album if its gonna be as good as the others.

Fully agree. While Lost and Found didn't do as well as I would have liked it to, we could have gotten another Born 2 Reign. He put the time in to make a quality album. Singles releases were mismanaged though, and we still aren't sure exactly why.

Lost and Found was much better than Born to Reign and it also sold much better, so I still forsee Will doing albums in the future, and doing fairly well. Of course, he probably won't reach multiplatinum status, but overall, in comparison to other rappers this year, Lost and Found had pretty good sales. I would have liked to seen better promotion for the album, but the only thing that really matters is the content within the album, which is pretty damn good.