Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith..second best selling east coast rapper

fan 4ever

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the people over there are showing him love, which is nice to see, like he is more lyrical than the entire south, I'd agree with that.

Will's the second highest east coast rapper? So I guess it didn't flop as bad as we thought it did, it is the 6th highest selling album this year! :thumbsup:

Aaaaaa I can't get over the idea if this album would have had more single releases then 1 in 3 months, releasing switch then boom after 1 month the switch remix then after 2 weeks bring on party starter, then after 1 month pump ya brakes, after 1 month lost & found after 1 month in september tell me why.

I'll always ask myself this question, what if....

He sure would have gone platinum, multi ? who knows..who knows.. maybe 1 maybe 3x

Will's the highest sellin' east coast rapper of all-time, this shouldn't be much of a shock, over 30 million sold, those kids better recognise, to be the 6th highest selling rapper past your prime is amazing, rap careers are usually short but Will truely is the Michael Jordan of the rap game, still a hip-hop all-star after 20 years! 50 Cent is like Penny Hardaway, he'll be irrevelant to the public in a couple years.

Edited by bigted

50 Cent does have some talent though, that's why he has a record deal and we don't, his underground stuff ranks among the best of hip-hop in the late '90s, he just doesn't show it anymore that's all. :stickpoke:

Edited by bigted

I have a few songs from the 1998 area that have 50 Cent on them. He's like a totally different person, but i'd never say he waz that impressive. But he didn't annoy me back then...he waz just another no-name rapper 2 me. I don't think he has any talent tho'. He's sloppy flow and delievery along with his pointless lyrics sum it all up 4 me.

In these days, it's quite obvious that talent has nothing 2 do with getting a record deal.

But AJ, Jam Master Jay discovered him, so if you're saying that 50 Cent is talentless, that's like saying Jam Master Jay doesn't know talent, and Dr. Dre does produce him too and he's like the greatest producer, how many rappers got discovered by Jam Master Jay and were produced by Dr. Dre, a lot of people say that Vanilla Ice is the wackest but not everybody has sold 5 million albums, you gotta keep things in perspective here, if you ain't got nothin' to say "Don't Say Nothin", 50 Cent should learn from this too, there's no need for him to diss cats more talented and experienced than him but since he's on a major record label, he does have talent, Nas said it himself that it's a reward in itself to get a record deal, it took DMX 10 years to get signed to Def Jam. I'm not saying 50 Cent is a rap god but if he improved his content and actually rap about somethin' other than how much of a fake thug he is he wouldn't really sound that wack 'cause he does have some flow, I know more people that like him than they do like Nick Cannon, 50 Cent won battles on the street, how many battles did Nick Cannon win?

Edited by bigted

50 only seems so rubbish to us cos he doesn't fulfill why he is so popular. He's not he greatest rapper around but is selling the most so thats why its a b**ch for us to see.

50 Cent doesn't represent the best of the east coast so it's an embarassment to see him as the highest selling rapper, he makes me miss Biggie, I see when there's posts made about him having the highest selling album, a lot of these hip-hop heads think that he's garbage and they're shocked that he could come from being a dope underground rapper to being a sell-out, he ain't no different than Eminem, they had skills to get signed but now they're gimmicks! btw, we have a major problem here, we still can't vote for "Party Starter" on 106 & Park, we need to start a petition to get it on the voting list now! :pony: :

http://www.bet.com/Site%20Management/Polls...E-0FA99C23DD6C}

EDIT: Remember that Rev. Run's video's on the list, speaking of Run-Dmc, let's vote for it like crazy and get it in the top 10 to bring the real king of Queens to the top of the charts! :1-say-yes:

Edited by bigted