JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The 30 August Battle

Frenetic

Both albums was pushed back from 12 July. Could this be the first time a G-unit soldier only does Gold? Or is Kanye too provocative to the masses? Does the people want fastfood music or something they can analyze?

Yayo is set for about 400k in sales, Kanye about 900k. This should be one of the biggest days in the record/hiphop industry/mainstream for the sales as they are able to sell about as much as the whole top 20 alone.

Who's gonna sell more ya think?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanye selling 900K?! Yayo 400K?! Will's album had great promotion and only sold 90K the 1st week, wtf? I hope "Party Starter" blows up this week and jumps back big on the charts again, I wanna see Yayo only sell around 50 K and flop like Memphis Bleek, selling 400K is way too much, in Game's voice I say: G-Unot needs to fold! Interscope's a bitch for promoting them so damn much and waiting 6 months to release "Party Starter" video, I don't care if they're releasing it now, they still suck. How could Kanye sell 900K too on the 1st week, that'd be 10X more than "Lost and Found"'s 1st week, I figure maybe around 300K-500K at the most, but 900K? "College Dropout" sold 2 million last time and I don't see them buying this album based on the 2 weak videos so far, unless they're a loyal fanbase that Will doesn't have. Most #1 albums have only sold 200K lately I'll believe that when it happens. Not even Black Eyed Peas do those numbers and we know how much of a pop audience they have, their album's been out for months and it still hasn't hit platinum yet. I hate commercial rap, I wanna see people 1 million people buy Hieroglyphics and KRS-ONE but since they don't even buy Will's album that won't happen. :lolsign: I'd be happy if Kanye outsold Yayo but I don't wanna see him outsell Will, all this makes me wanna vote for the "Party Starter" video more, I don't like seeing all the overrated rappers dominating the charts, it's cool that people like Kanye's 'cause he's a positive rapper but what about Will?

Edited by bigted

Maybe Will should've waited to release "Lost and Found" this week 'cause the "Party Starter" video will create way more hype than the "Switch" video did, hopefully it knocks both Kanye's and Yayo's weak videos out of rotation.

Edited by bigted

I want to see Kanye sell more, but I think it is going to be a tight race, but Kanye will edge him out. Kanye is a positive rapper, but the stuff I've heard so far off this album doesn't compare to Will, so it makes me mad that Will can't get the attention these guys do.

Kanye selling 900K?! Yayo 400K?!  Will's album had great promotion and only sold 90K the 1st week, wtf?  I hope "Party Starter" blows up this week and jumps back big on the charts again, I wanna see Yayo only sell around 50 K and flop like Memphis Bleek, selling 400K is way too much, in Game's voice I say:  G-Unot needs to fold! Interscope's a bitch for promoting them so damn much and waiting 6 months to release "Party Starter" video, I don't care if they're releasing it now, they still suck. How could Kanye sell 900K too on the 1st week, that'd be 10X more than "Lost and Found"'s 1st week, I figure maybe around 300K-500K at the most, but 900K? "College Dropout" sold 2 million last time and I don't see them buying this album based on the 2 weak videos so far, unless they're a loyal fanbase that Will doesn't have. Most #1 albums have only sold 200K lately I'll believe that when it happens. Not even Black Eyed Peas do those numbers and we know how much of a pop audience they have, their album's been out for months and it still hasn't hit platinum yet. I hate commercial rap, I wanna see people 1 million people buy Hieroglyphics and KRS-ONE but since they don't even buy Will's album that won't happen.  :lolsign: I'd be happy if Kanye outsold Yayo but I don't wanna see him outsell Will, all this makes me wanna vote for the "Party Starter" video more, I don't like seeing all the overrated rappers dominating the charts, it's cool that people like Kanye's 'cause he's a positive rapper but what about Will?

Lol, Ted, I know you're not mad at Interscope... what happened to all the Will doesn't care about sales stuff... lol... Welcome to the dark side...

Kanye selling 900K?! Yayo 400K?!  Will's album had great promotion and only sold 90K the 1st week, wtf?  I hope "Party Starter" blows up this week and jumps back big on the charts again, I wanna see Yayo only sell around 50 K and flop like Memphis Bleek, selling 400K is way too much, in Game's voice I say:  G-Unot needs to fold! Interscope's a bitch for promoting them so damn much and waiting 6 months to release "Party Starter" video, I don't care if they're releasing it now, they still suck. How could Kanye sell 900K too on the 1st week, that'd be 10X more than "Lost and Found"'s 1st week, I figure maybe around 300K-500K at the most, but 900K? "College Dropout" sold 2 million last time and I don't see them buying this album based on the 2 weak videos so far, unless they're a loyal fanbase that Will doesn't have. Most #1 albums have only sold 200K lately I'll believe that when it happens. Not even Black Eyed Peas do those numbers and we know how much of a pop audience they have, their album's been out for months and it still hasn't hit platinum yet. I hate commercial rap, I wanna see people 1 million people buy Hieroglyphics and KRS-ONE but since they don't even buy Will's album that won't happen.  :lolsign: I'd be happy if Kanye outsold Yayo but I don't wanna see him outsell Will, all this makes me wanna vote for the "Party Starter" video more, I don't like seeing all the overrated rappers dominating the charts, it's cool that people like Kanye's 'cause he's a positive rapper but what about Will?

Lol, Ted, I know you're not mad at Interscope... what happened to all the Will doesn't care about sales stuff... lol... Welcome to the dark side...

:lolsign: Let's be real...Kanye West will outsell Will...it's just the hype around this album! That G-unit guy will flop....

Edited by bigted

The thread ain't about WIll,

Will won't outsell anyone of the the rappers I said.

But since y'all talking about it. I think Partystarter will need 10-20 days to catch on. Hopefully we'll see a rise in the charts in about two weeks.

Kanye is going to be on Oprah performin his next single Hey Mama soon. He's going to be at the MTVMA's doing a commercial for pepsi done by Spike Lee. (How weird doesn't that sound??). That and a incerdible hype surrounding the album right now is the foundations that are set for a 900k sale according to several experts.

They also look at the fact that Kanye is not a single-song person.. Most people will buy his album cause they'll know it's good. Not for the singles or popfactor.

Kanye doesn't give a **** about money either...He's done doing beats for money. He ain't done a beat for cash in a long time..That's why COmmons "BE" is a incredible cash success... Dude got 9 beats for free and is on its pace to sell as much as Will. He made maaad much money on it Common.

He dais he only producing cats he feeling...but the bad thing with Kanye is that he's got a awful taste in rapmusic.. Mase & P Diddy is said to be his idols when he was little.. so he giving them free beats. But he also giving like Talib, Jean Grae, Mos, Dead Prez and so on free beats.

That's pretty cool.. cause then you know that the producer is actually trying to make good music and not fast money like when Tibaland was doing crap beats for about 1-2 years ago. His comeback didn't come until Justins Cry me a river and Jay's Dirt off ya shoulder.

I like Will and Kanye as much. They're different kind of rappers that i listen to in different occasions.

Note:

Kanye's Touch the sky sounds alot like the feel good songs on Big Willie Style.

Drive slow homie Chorus: "You need to pump ya breaks and drive slow homie" - His verse is about chlling down with ya boy trying to get girls... Alot like Pump ya breaks. But the whole song style is different.

Hey Mama is the best Mama song done since Pac contributed to the genre. "You're like a book a poetry; Maya Angelo, ???? Giovanni and turn one page and there's my Mami.. "

"They also look at the fact that Kanye is not a single-song person.. Most people will buy his album cause they'll know it's good. Not for the singles or popfactor."

If you by "they" mean the buyers, I'm not sure what world you are living in. When quality starts to sell, thats the same point when the army starts using arrows instead of guns. I dont think there is a chance in hell that people buy it cause they'll know its good, they'll buy it for the same reason people buy 50 Cent... No reason at all, it just happens.