JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jaden in "Pursuit"

Radewart

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really like it. This isn't a cameo or anything, it's a lead role. Next to Will, Jaden has the second biggest part. They did a big audition search for the part, and ends up going to Will's son. It just looks tacky. Isn't he like eight years old anyway, I think he seems too old for the role. It's giving critics ammunition to criticize the movie with things like, "he can't act ..he only got the role because his the star's son...ect!

Jaden's only seven, and it really shouldn't matter if he's Will son or not b/c he can act, if you've seen the BET ad, or All Of Us, on which he had a recurring role, not just a cameo. perhaps he had to audition like everyone else? I haven't heard anything official yet, i just read that Thandie Newton was cast as his estranged wife and the mother of his son...where'd you hear this?

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=smileet147

This lady is working on the movie. 

Maybe he will be good...but I hope this was a mutual decision among Will, the director, and other production members, and not Will throwing his weight around.

I really do hope she blogs about the whole process... It would be an interesting take from someone who's actually in the building itself. Cool.

• Admin

I'm not that happy about Jaden getting a starring role either :ponder: I'm not that excited about this movie..and wonder if it can be a big hit.. but I never would have predicted a romantic comedy in Hitch would have made $180 million before it came out either.. I'm just gonna wait for the next Jerry Bruckheimer or action movie for Will :lolsign:

I'm sure Jaden will do just fine. I could understand why the would want Will's son to play his son in the movie, cos hey he looks like his daddy. I mean how many movies have you seen that you know they cast the wrong kid for they movie. Like the mom has red hair, father has black hair and the kid has blone hair. And also it's hard to find a kid that has the features as the lead actor. So Radewart I doubt Will is throwing his weight around as a big star.

I'm sure Will got an acting coach 4 his son. And probably practice with him 2. Well even tho most serious films that are based on sum1 don't make alot of money anyway. Very few do make money and it's usually based on a person everybody knows or heard about. But this film could land Will an Oscar nod again and maybe 1 for Jaden. I can't wait 4 this film. And like Tim I can't wait either 4 a Jerry and Will action pic again. :dope: