JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jaden in "Pursuit"

Radewart

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is that all of this is not going to matter if the movie is good. The critics will say what they want, they'll always find something to say, but if the film is quality as I expect it will be, there's only so much they can say.

Remember, this is the father who doesn't let his kids up from the dinner table without saying all of their multiplication tables. I don't think he's going to let nepotism ruin his film.

I love will's kids & since always jaden has been my favourite but I don't like the idea of him working with "daddy" maybe he's a great actor but he's only 7 and don't have to work for money or anythin,he should be a normal kid .. ..he can wait till he gets a little bit older to make movies. Probably Jaden loves to make movies and tv cameos just because mom and dad do it and he wants to be like them but he's still very young to decide what he wants o he doesn't. a leading role in a movie is too much in my opinion.

maybe this is just a rumor :shrug:

The bottom line is that all of this is not going to matter if the movie is good. The critics will say what they want, they'll always find something to say, but if the film is quality as I expect it will be, there's only so much they can say.

Remember, this is the father who doesn't let his kids up from the dinner table without saying all of their multiplication tables. I don't think he's going to let nepotism ruin his film.

:word: I'm with you Max, i can't stand critics anyway lol

maybe people are making this out to be bigger than it is?

i highly doubt Will and Jada would let their little boy get into something they felt he wasn't ready for or couldn't handle. @ the same time it's like, maybe this actually won't be much of a starring role, it depends on the director and writer and how they choose to portray the character invovlvement throughout the film....I for one can't wait to see this movie b/c like Jaden, i was getting a bit tired of Will "saving the world" and even though Hitch is not a fave of mine i thought Will was hilarious and I was glad to see him switch it up a little....if he gets into this role like i think he will, the focus will be on his performance more than anything and maybe we'll be hearing a certain buzz :shrug:

Edited by willjadafan

i quite like the idea, i saw Jaden on all of us and he seemed pretty confident and funny. Will and Jada will tell him as best they can at what hes getting himself into. My only worry is what happens to child stars, Micheal Jackson, Macauly Culkin, Drew Barrymore, need i say more. Its just that child actor curse.

Anyways this makes me wanna see the film a bit more so we can see a future star in the works.

i quite like the idea, i saw Jaden on all of us and he seemed pretty confident and funny. Will and Jada will tell him as best they can at what hes getting himself into. My only worry is what happens to child stars, Micheal Jackson, Macauly Culkin, Drew Barrymore, need i say more. Its just that child actor curse.

Anyways this makes me wanna see the film a bit more so we can see a future star in the works.

If you read about Chris Gardner's life, it says he had to bath his son in a sink in a train station bathroom, and he struggled to get him in day care. Jaden seems a little old for that.

My only worry is what happens to child stars, Micheal Jackson, Macauly Culkin, Drew Barrymore, need i say more. Its just that child actor curse.

That's what I wanted to say.

I think the movie will be great for Will's career with or whitout Jaden; He has to do a good job in this and get important awards :smartass:

yeah they might use a younger kid for that part, doesnt the story cover a few years, Jaden might play an older version of his son.

Yeah Julie, that's most likely what it is. Again, I don't see Will making any errors that would mess up this project when Overbrook's reputation is riding on it, especially after the success of Hitch. I would assume that he would want to follow one great success with another success. That would include casting, script and the rest. The fact that his son was chosen perhaps even shows that he's being even more careful about this movie and an accurate portrayal of Gardner and his son. Lol, I don't think that Will is gonna be washing Jaden in a sink...

i like born 2 reign and wild wild west. :)

never saw legend of bagger vance, but back to topic.

:word: Me too. B2R could've done well if it was promoted well. There are some good songs on that. I liked Wild Wild West too. I think this movie will turn out ok, no need to be negative until we see what happens.