JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter Video

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Tell Me Why" couldn't have been made in the "Born To Reign" era, Jam Master Jay was still alive then, a lot of songs are made ahead of time by a lot of artists, he probably has songs for the next album recorded already too.

well i don't believe Tell Me Why was recorded for B2R like some people say. Will said about 3.5 years ago. 3.5 years ago will was probably already preparing for the release of B2R (it released a lil over 3 years ago). of course, when Will wrote the song it could've been durin the B2R era, but i don't think he quite recorded it then. of course Will's even said how he's always in the studio recording, so he could be recording the hit record for his next album right now as we speak! :lolsign:

well, actually now that i look at the facts, Jam Master Jay died on October 30, 2002, a little less than 3 years ago. he probably had the idea for the song and some of it written out back then, but the track obviously wasn't finalized. who knows, Will might've been exaggerating when he said 3.5 years ago.. maybe he meant 2.5 but whatever, lets get back on topic

i'll definitely keep my eyes and ears out for PS making the video... that would be sweet

and by the way whoever said the reason B2R didnt sell that much was because it only had one single, is not completely true. there were a lot of factors including promotion, single choice, and just it wasn't as good as L&F all around.

• Admin

Didnt Paul Hunter also do the "Switch" video? Anyway he does a great job, him and $4 million and you got yourself a hit video. I can't wait for the video. And with MTV reporting on this too, more publicity for Will.

Paul Hunter has previously done Wild Wild West, Freakin It, Switch and now Party Starter.. Yeah I'm hoping this is a flashy expensive video.. It's time to step it up after Switch

When did Making the Video begin airing? To my knowledge this would be Will's first time doign it if it happens. I sure hope so. If not this video then Tell Me Why for sure.

Hey Will was on making the video for "Black Suits Coming". He should still be on it for party starter though!!

I was just about to say that! :wink: Let's hope there will be making the video for Party Starter!

I think it is, and from the pic in the article, it looked like that he might have been on it.

Didnt Paul Hunter also do the "Switch" video? Anyway he does a great job, him and $4 million and you got yourself a hit video. I can't wait for the video. And with MTV reporting on this too, more publicity for Will.

Paul Hunter has previously done Wild Wild West, Freakin It, Switch and now Party Starter.. Yeah I'm hoping this is a flashy expensive video.. It's time to step it up after Switch

Damn, thats the worst music Big Will-music videos :/. I'd prefer someone else to do it.

"Tell Me Why" couldn't have been made in the "Born To Reign" era, Jam Master Jay was still alive then, a lot of songs are made ahead of time by a lot of artists, he probably has songs for the next album recorded already too.

well i don't believe Tell Me Why was recorded for B2R like some people say. Will said about 3.5 years ago. 3.5 years ago will was probably already preparing for the release of B2R (it released a lil over 3 years ago). of course, when Will wrote the song it could've been durin the B2R era, but i don't think he quite recorded it then. of course Will's even said how he's always in the studio recording, so he could be recording the hit record for his next album right now as we speak! :lolsign:

well, actually now that i look at the facts, Jam Master Jay died on October 30, 2002, a little less than 3 years ago. he probably had the idea for the song and some of it written out back then, but the track obviously wasn't finalized. who knows, Will might've been exaggerating when he said 3.5 years ago.. maybe he meant 2.5 but whatever, lets get back on topic

i'll definitely keep my eyes and ears out for PS making the video... that would be sweet

and by the way whoever said the reason B2R didnt sell that much was because it only had one single, is not completely true. there were a lot of factors including promotion, single choice, and just it wasn't as good as L&F all around.

That'd be nice if a lot of the unreleased tracks got released through mixtapes, B2R wasn't promoted right but a lot of classic albums don't sell much and Nelly's album was much weaker than B2R and it sold a lot, so quality usually doesn't sell, 'Big Willie Style' wasn't Will's greater than his JJFP stuff just 'cause it sold more.

The best albums don't always sell the most. Lost and Found is infinitely better than Mike Jones' album, but Mike Jones still has sold more. 50's album was trash, but it is 4 times platinum, or something like that. It is a sad truth in today's music industry.

Yeah thats true that great albums dont sell as much. I mean look at Common's album you really haven't heard a word about it but everybody is still talking about 50's album.

Anyway Great news that a video is being done 4 PS...can't wait. Then after PS Tell Me Why will be next o I can't wait 2 them..

I hope there's gonna be a Making the Video..Will is always silly and funny on those.

Great Find! :2thumbs: