JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PRAYER AND SUPPORT CIRCLE

hey AJ I found something that might be helpful in you finding direction in your career and life in general, lately I've been reading Steve Harvey's "Act Like A Success" book and there's some audio here that could motivate you, some success stories and advice:

http://radicalsuccessinstitute.com/conference/success-series-replays/

• 2 weeks later...

here are some prayers for finding a soulmate for this valentine's day:

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Prayer/2009/06/Soulmate-Prayers.aspx?b=1

• 2 weeks later...

here's some inspirational music for y'all:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's gotten really bad, really fast at work.  The level of selfishness and laziness behind how the schedule is made has made it so that I've had to turn down two acting gigs and skip over a third.  The schedule is so bad over the next two or three weeks that I can't even manager a personal life.  I need out.  NOW.  Praying and expecting something is to come my way fast.  I have the chance to audition for my dream role in two or three weeks, so I'd like to go into that with a new job.

One of my friends has suggested their job.  It's not my passion, but it would greatly improve the quality of my life if I get it.  Good pay. Set schedule. Work from home.  Nuff said, let's see this work out.

Last night I came across this T.D. Jakes sermon that spoke to me, which I feel many people can relate to.

as usual you're in my thoughts aj, i understand where you're coming from man, you're chasing your dreams and it seems like it's hard to find balance when we're trying to make moves, i wish you all the best, td jakes is one of my main inspirations too btw, listening to him speak brings me peace...

btw i was just on facebook and i came across this joel osteen post that speaks right to heart of the matter here:

God is a sovereign God. We’re not going to understand why everything happens. There are some things God doesn’t remove, some situations He waits a long time to change. You have to trust that He knows what’s best for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a praise report. I had a hearing regarding my license and it went well. The judge decided to let me keep my license and wished me the best.  He was pretty dry, and I knew it suspended another person's license right before mine. At the very end, he showed me a little personality, complimented my character, and wished me the best with my artist endeavors.  One mountain out of the way. Now it's time to focus on the career one.

there you go man, big things are ahead!

• 1 year later...

hey JJFP peeps out there, my extended family, I'd appreciate it if y'all keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers 'cause my father's dementa is declining and the doctor's are saying he might not have much time left, as always one love, i'll be playing just the two of us before i go to sleep tonight

thanks for the prayers AJ,at the moment my father is starting to make progress for the better, he's more alert today, he's breathing better,and he's keeping down his milkshake he had earlier, i'm staying strong for the fam

• 1 month later...

i appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers, well i have some sad news to say, my father passed away yesterday morning on november 1st at 12:30 AM EST, thanks for all the love JJFP fam as me and my fam are through "the rain" right now but it'll forever be "just the two of us", i'll hold on to all the memories and lessons i learned

EDIT here's a poem i wrote called "love of life" in memory of these lessons i've learned as i reflect, rest in peace papa big ted sr.:

as i take time out to grieve since the loss of papa is bittersweet
i know that he's now guiding over me and the family
like r kelly and kirk franklin mentioned the storm is over
no longer do you have to suffer
as i mentioned you were the ultimate fighter
i'll always keep the memories and love in my heart
it don't matter if i make a million dollars or have any hits on the charts
the priceless feelings will always take charge
your words of wisdom brought on a start
like you mentioned we all have to believe in who we are
don't be afraid to walk with your head up high
you can win with god by your side
the ultimate weapon is applying the mind
words of wisdom continually shine
when i'm lost i could ask you to drop me a line
i feel the prescence of my best friend
like public enemy mentioned love is "everything"
the essence to combine through the end
i'm ready to climb the mountains
i pray one day to apply the same wisdom
god willing to my own children
even if i never have any i still plan to reach the next generation
like you and james brown i ain't taking no mess
you're now with prince be setting a drift on memory bliss
like heavy d you're on a peaceful journey traveling
along with 2pac, richard pryor, james brown, bernie mac, and phife dawg of tribe called quest
plus all the loved ones like my grandparents and friends
and countless others that've been passing
i don't know all that holds in this life ahead
but your memory will always keep me lifted
like puff daddy mentioned to biggie in i'll be missing you
as each day passes
it brings us closer to when we all meet again
one sweet day, word to mariah and boyz ii men
only god knows if i'll make it to 100
i have big shoes to fill to make all the ground you did living to 82
but i know if i approach each day as thanksgiving i'll make it through
may god forever wrap his arms around you
Edited by bigted

• 1 year later...

i noticed that this thread hasn't had much life to it lately but i feel with everything going on in the world right now we all could use some support and loving so here I go, I wanted to share this john gray world message that i found recently: