JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Summertime Master Reel for Sale

In cinemas the film's are projected from a these type of things onto the screen, so this is an original recording of the video

In cinemas the film's are projected from a these type of things onto the screen, so this is an original recording of the video

yes!! whenever u go 2 the theatre and they show the movie on the screen from that small room behind, the film is playing from a Reel. thats a good example James :2thumbs:

yes!! whenever u go 2 the theatre and they show the movie on the screen from that small room behind, the film is playing from a Reel. thats a good example James :2thumbs:

:smart: :wiggle:

U guys are so far off. this is a master 2 inch 24 track studer tape of the track summertime. this is literally whut they used to mix the song for the album. it can be real because JIve would litterally kill anyone who managed to get a hold of this. with this u could make an acapella, insturmental or acoustic track of summertime. you could litterally strip off or add anything to the song and make ur own copy. that includes changes fp's vocals. but like i siad jive owns the masters and this should actually be locked up at the battery studios vault. i highly suggest that no one buy this becasue i guarrantee that jive iwll be knocking at the buyers door. trust me im at audio engineering skool and this is not a video tape. id be happy to answer any more questions.

most i would say no. but there still are sum heavy duty analog freeks out there. even with the sampling rate capabilities of 192kb/s and 96 bit rrecording we are very clsoe but ntoe qutie at the same level of analog recording. to teh regular iear u would never knwothe difference but to well trained ears u may notice a small drop in the low end.(you need to be a real pro to even tell nowadays)

but to answer ur question yes there still are artists that record on analog and then just use digital to edit. but that is still on a very rare occasion. i can tell u that u will maybe find one hip hop/pop/rnb artist that does this nowadays if ur lucky. also this is only in the world of music. when it comes to post production, televisoin and film digital is now the reigning king.

glad i could clear that up for u Wes. hope i didnt jstu confuse u more but lest put it this way:

digital = 96% in music 100% in everythign else

analog = ~4% used in music and never used in anything else anymore

Peace

You would be able to see everything as it wuz originally recorded with out any gates, compressors or effects added to vocals or any insturments for that matter. it wouldnt sound that good at all considering how heavily hip hop music is compressed and the drums (if not digital) are gated a hell of a lot. it would sound more like a live version if u just had the 24 track tape player and not any of the units used on the track.

Like i said its not really worth the buy unless u jsut want to have it. and mind u tapes start to break apart after 20 years if they arent dumped into digital. And thanks for the invite to post Wes, ive been telling Tim for years that im going to start posting more but i just get so caught up with work sumtimes. but now that im back in skool full time i get a few minutes more a day so im gonna give it another attempt. See im starting with the psoting already haha!

thanx 4 taking some time out 2 explain that 2 me and every1 else on the board! it means a lot!  :2thumbs: u should post more often, i just noticed ur a premium potna and the 5th member ever 2 register here. post man!!  :1-say-yes:

:yeahthat:

i was confused too so thanks for clearing that up!

hope to see you around more often!! :2thumbs:

Alot of small time recording places use Analog still. In fact i know a few from back in the days when my Sisters albums came out.

Digital just makes things a whole lot easier. but some people just love that classic sound.

Its like with Digital video. Why do you think film companies don't shoot on Digital Video? Its cos the quality isn't the same as classic 35mm film stock. Its got that warmer feel.