JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

fresh prince at ozzfest?

• Admin

LATEST: JADA PINKETT SMITH is set to infuriate heavy rockers even more as she considers including hip-hop husband WILL SMITH in her OZZFEST tour plans.

OZZFEST headliner OZZY OSBOURNE caused controversy earlier this month (MAY05) when he added the actress' metal group WICKED WISDOM to the touring festival.

Enraged fans suggested the move would cause a riot when they sent hate mail to the Ozzfest website - and now Pinkett Smith plans to add insult to injury with an idea to bringing her husband onstage.

She says, "We're thinking about it. He's really become a real metalhead lately. He fell in love with OTEP (heavy metal group) the other night, so that was really interesting. He wanted to get in the pit.

"Now he's all excited and wants to be down with it."

Whether or not the Ozzfest dates come off for the Hollywood couple, Smith will join his wife and her group when they tour Europe in November (05).

Source: Contact Music

LATEST: JADA PINKETT SMITH is set to infuriate heavy rockers even more as she considers including hip-hop husband WILL SMITH in her OZZFEST tour plans.

OZZFEST headliner OZZY OSBOURNE caused controversy earlier this month (MAY05) when he added the actress' metal group WICKED WISDOM to the touring festival.

Enraged fans suggested the move would cause a riot when they sent hate mail to the Ozzfest website - and now Pinkett Smith plans to add insult to injury with an idea to bringing her husband onstage.

She says, "We're thinking about it. He's really become a real metalhead lately. He fell in love with OTEP (heavy metal group) the other night, so that was really interesting. He wanted to get in the pit.

"Now he's all excited and wants to be down with it."

Whether or not the Ozzfest dates come off for the Hollywood couple, Smith will join his wife and her group when they tour Europe in November (05).

i don't know if Jada meant bring him onstage to perform. If so, it would be the dumbest move he could make. Rap of any kind, is not welcomed at Ozzfest. But i think she meant he'll go out and support her. Not literally go onstage

I really want to see someone mess with a 6'2" 200 and something pound black dude. Will personally has my full permission to mollywop anyone in the crowd who wants to start something. I feel another Ron Artest coming on.

But on the real... I think he'll just go to support and protect Jada. Doubt he'll perform...

i watched the View, and Jada didn't say anything about Ozzfest, they asked if her and Will would ever perform/collaborate again she said that they may tour together in Europe in November, something Will also said a while ago, he said something like it'd be a Smith family tour and WW would open up for him...i'm not sure if Ozzfest even has anything to do with what she was talking about b/c like i said she didn't mention it, so i don't know whether to take this very seriously or not lol, this whole ozzfest thing is driving me bananas...it's like, either they'll do it or they won't, but i really can't see either of them there...but whatever they decide more power to them

Edited by willjadafan

Since when waz Wicked Wisdom considered a metal band?!?

Anyways, i think that if ANYONE in Hip-Hop could ever make a heavy metal accepting crossover...it would be da Fresh Prince. I think metal heads would be all angry, then be like "hey, it's Jim West"...ha ha. Who truely hates "Will Smith." We'll see how this all pans out. The good newz is that it says he'll be with her on the road in November, which means his movie plans aren't gonna kick in as soon as we thought. Which means that if they drop another single soon and the album dose ever better, the L+F touring could continue.

I just c Will going to Ozzfest to support his baby. But I seriously doubt that he would perform. I mean I heard WW but I never really consider them to be Heavy Metal but more RnB/Soft Rock. It would b a big mistake if he did decide to perform. Even tho I kinda feel like MaxFly I want 2 c Will pull a Ron Artest if something gets tossed at him or Jada. I think they're smart ppl n hopefully won't put themselves in harms way. I mean they like have 2 have heard about threats being made that sum Ozzfest fans r planning 2 throw things at her n petition going around 2 get Jada off the stage 4 her safety, rite? But at any rate if they want 2 do it they have my support.

I really want to see someone mess with a 6'2" 200 and something pound black dude. Will personally has my full permission to mollywop anyone in the crowd who wants to start something. I feel another Ron Artest coming on.

But on the real... I think he'll just go to support and protect Jada. Doubt he'll perform...

but I don't think we'll wanna see one 6'2, 200+ guy alone against thousands of hate-filled ppl. Some of those ppl are pure racists. For real, it's not candy land out there

Anyways, i think that if ANYONE in Hip-Hop could ever make a heavy metal accepting crossover...it would be da Fresh Prince.

I think i'd have to disagree here and say no way. The Fresh Prince and Metal as very far apart.

Its already happened with other artists, Run DMC, Ice-T, Public enemy so its do-able but Will Smith and Metal would't go hand in hand and this comes from a guy who loves Metal and Hip-Hop

Now THAT is interessting...I hope they will come to Belgium or Holland!

• Members

Whatever the situation is, a riot is bound to start when Jada or Will hits the stage. Now I am a big fan of Will, but the thing Jada is doing with her band looks just plain stupid and it's as if she wants to gain more popularity from creating controversy. They don't need this crap at this age or time when they have 2 really young children to raise. :thumbsdown:

i think this has bad news written all over it. Those ppl going to ozzfest are not open minded at all, these no way they are gonna enjoy a performance from Will, like some1 said they are racist and probably dont even like gansta rap never mind Wills music.

Will is gonna get booed and have stuff thrown at him if he performs. Its gonna be a disaster, i really hope he doesnt go on stage.

• Members

The good newz is that it says he'll be with her on the road in November, which means his movie plans aren't gonna kick in as soon as we thought.

Actually... yesterday on Jay Leno, Jada said that Will's gonna film The Pursuit of Happiness this summer in San Francisco

I don't feel too good about it, personally... after hearing those 'metal head' fans are not too receptive of Jada's Band being there... I hope they are really thinking this throughly, because the LAST news headline I wanna read about is Will being killed because some deranged druggie thinking he's invincible, taking it to some crazy level and causing a riot, and anyone gets hurt in all of this... :shakehead:

OR, Will having to beat some trashy idiot down, (just to get sew~ed for a few million bucks)... well... *sigh*. I think its very corageous of him to support his wife, just hope they're careful and really thinking this out...

peace,

cookie