JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Gas Prices Around the world

WesSyde

hey here's a new post just 2 see what things r like where u live. if ur in the US it's pretty easy, if ur in the UK u might have 2 convert currencies.

How much does a gallon of gasoline cost where u live? give the LOWEST price that u know of!

here in Santa Clara, CA the lowest is $2.41 for a gallon. just last week it was $2.49 so it's droppin, but still really expensive! it'll be interestin 2 see how much it costs around the world

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gas prices in America are the worst....

I swear, some people fill up, like twice a week, and still don't even fill the tank full, when they do >_>

Something you should consider. Fill it up full once. Go on your commute, and keep filling it up every half tank. pay half the price, and you'll always be full, just incase.

Edited by Vipa

Prices are about 2.21 here in Boston, but they vary quite a bit in the Northeast.

In all seriousness, this whole situation should be a wake up call to the industrialized nations. Governments should really begin allocating funds for research and development into other forms of energy for cars, planes, and other types of vehicles. Hybrid cars run on a lot less gas and have better mileage in addition to far less emissions. It's quite possible that cars in the next 20 years could be able to run only on batteries. Scientist are already beginning to make safe batteries that run on nuclear power that could run for a very long time.

The problem, at least in the US, is that gas is taxed in part to pay for road maintenance. Lawmakers are worried that if people start using cars that offer better milage and run on less gas, the government is going to lose a lot of money when it comes to road maintenance. In fact, it's gone so far that in California, they are looking into devices that will, in the future, measure how much a person using a hybrid or battery powered car drives on their roads, and with what type of car, thereby measuring how much damage they do to the roads and how much they should pay in taxes for road maintenance.

It also helps that the Bush family has close business ties to Saudi Arabian familes dealing in oil.

Man, if Al Gore were president, the internet would be 10 times faster, :kekeke: , and that car from I, Robot would be on the market right now.

Prices have dropped a bit where i live. When i filled up 3 days ago, it waz down to $2.09!! And i even get the mid-grade gas. Usually when i go 2 the next city 2 go CD diggin', i go up on an almost empty tank and fill up there cuz their prices are usually 10 cent cheaper by the gallon. It makes me feel like i'm somehow beating the system.

Here in Chicago the prices range from about $2.12 in the suburbs to about $2.52 in downtown Chicago.

That price that was quoted in the U.K. is right. They are taxed pretty hard in the UK on just about everything. I don't know what I would do if gas prices got as high as they did in the U.K.

The problem with gas prices in the U.S. is that because of government regulations different regions have to have different grades of gas. It costs more money to keep up with the environmental regulations the government has set up. It also doesn't help that a little over 25% of the price of gas is from government taxes. We don't drill here in the U.S. that much and that means we are really dependent on foreign sources of oil. We import over 65% of our oil from other countries. In the 1980's it was less than 30%. The U.S. also has to compete with other countries' whose economies are booming(specifically China & India). Their demand for oil has skyrocketed and also drives up the price of oil.

My solution to this problem is easy but the U.S. govt. won't do it. I say cut the govt. tax in half and that will save the consumer about $.25 - $.30. Either that or not be so tight about the different grades of oil. The govt. won't do that because it means less money in their pocket.

:bang: :nono: :cussing:

Here in Tx it about $2.12-2.16. It takes about almost $40 to fill up my brother's car. Thats why I like to drive my mom's car cause it ain't a gas hog like my brother's car. :kekeke:

Well its different prices in Atlanta. The closer u get to the city, its like $2.07 average... (just dropped a bout a week ago too...). I use the Chevron by my house or the one in Mt. Zion area, and their fuel has been like $1.97 and $1.98.

(I usually drive by both just to see which one is cheaper. LOL) I saw a BP gas station in Stockbridge, and their gas was like $1.94. Too bad I don't use BP gas.

But it takes me roughly $25.oo to fill up my tank...

peace,

cookie