JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

what happed to Will

i think Will did a great job with this album with keeping his old style but adding something deeper and new. He still has his story telling raps and he still uses humour like in here he comes and mr nice guy, but i agree he cant just keep making happy songs all the time and so he went deeper with tell me why and ms holly roller.

This album has a perfect mix of fun and serious stuff.

Yepp, agree! But for sho there's more serious stuff in it than funny...! I like it the way it is tho'! Awesome album... :kool:

Some may hate me for this but i think the funny Stuff was much better than that deep stuff!

cause in funny stuf he was the best i think.But in the other stuf he isnt such as good as others..When i need deap things i have better options.

I don't know about that. It seems that the deep stuff is what really conveys how Will is thinks about certain issues. Miami and Gettin Jiggy Wit It were good tracks, but we didn't learn too much about Will in the process. The light tracks are the watered down and commercialized. The deep, heavy, introspective tracks are where we see Will at his best.

Yeah ok thats threw..But still..I miss the good old times a litle bit :tear:

But on the other side I`m happy that he still is doing his thing!

I love the album. It's a nice blend of the new & ol skool. I mean its another side of Will on a much deeper level which is cool. But still keeps his story telling and sense of humor in Scary Story, Mr.Niceguy, and Slide. But also shows how he feels about hiphop, life, and god. So I love it :angel:

i am a fan of Will but the last album is wack there is not the fresh prince style is kind of little hard rap like i listed all the rappers at the moment nothing special

i miss funky fresh sound :tear:

Are u crazy...there is Fresh Prince all over the new album.

p.s. school yourself on the wonders of puntuation.

No need to argue, lost and found is a great album with no wag track. Every song got something special and if someone misses the olschoolness, he got to keep one thing in mind:

FP was one of the first rap stars in the world, so he was one of the inventors. Hip-Hop was like a house he built, which has now been destroyed during the last years (while he was building an new "movie-house") by other "rappers" that didn't get the real sense of it.

Now it's time for him to rebuild it! But do you really think he should do annother old (school) house?

Nowadays other issues have to be mentioned,

other beats have to be put on,

so other records have to be written!

Which ones? You got all this on one litte CD: Get Lost&Found! :thumb:

yeah it's definitely not the same feel as the old skool stuff but u gotta be realistic. all artists that are old skool and still put out albums 2day have had 2 modernize their music in some way, but still keep their roots. that's the same with Will, he's matured and his music is more modern, but they're still some old skool vybes on there.

i think we gotta be open on this forum, cuz i think some people aren't always as big of fans of Will as we think. like Turntable, i think he's a FP fan, but LL Cool J seems 2 be his fav rapper, so we need 2 be aware that some people just like certain aspects of Will more or ain't #1 type fans like we sometimes assume everyone is. so it's all good, as long as u ain't dissin :peace:

• Admin

if you like the old skool stuff then just listen to those albums!!! :werd: Will has 9 albums of material..i dont want him to do the same stuff over and over again.. hes come anew..with sumthin different..and i like it

• Members

i am a fan of Will but the last album is wack there is not the fresh prince style is kind of little hard rap like i listed all the rappers at the moment nothing special

i miss funky fresh sound :tear:

If you are a hardcore Fresh Prince fan, then I feel for you. It's just not going to come back.

But on the positive side, this is the best lyrical content from Will we've ever got. He's gone really deep with some of the tracks, and also has touched on subjects that we haven't heard Will refer to before. So I guess maybe you should listen to Will as a new artist than compare him to his Fresh Prince days. :thumb:

i dont want him to do the same stuff over and over again..

:werd: His name ain't 50 Cent, Ja Rule, or Nelly, so he's not doing the same thing over and over again.

i think Will did a great job with this album with keeping his old style but adding something deeper and new. He still has his story telling raps and he still uses humour like in here he comes and mr nice guy, but i agree he cant just keep making happy songs all the time and so he went deeper with tell me why and ms holly roller.

This album has a perfect mix of fun and serious stuff.

Yepp, agree! But for sho there's more serious stuff in it than funny...! I like it the way it is tho'! Awesome album... :kool:

Some may hate me for this but i think the funny Stuff was much better than that deep stuff!

cause in funny stuf he was the best i think.But in the other stuf he isnt such as good as others..When i need deap things i have better options.

I don't know about that. It seems that the deep stuff is what really conveys how Will is thinks about certain issues. Miami and Gettin Jiggy Wit It were good tracks, but we didn't learn too much about Will in the process. The light tracks are the watered down and commercialized. The deep, heavy, introspective tracks are where we see Will at his best.

Yes I also think so! His deep, serious stuff was very great just as his funny stuff, too, I think! :wiggle: