JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

will smith keep it real?

let's see,all we know that will smith say gangsta rap was so wack,and he don't like this rappers,he say that on mtv ultrasound,but my question is that he likes public enemy,and "the chronic",and the best thing he have a cameo with snoop dogg in his last album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!well,what are exactly will smith toughts??????thanx

• Members

Will Smith, the role model, feels gangsta rap is wack.

Will Smith, the individual person, likes a diverse taste in his music.

So is there a point to your post?

The music evolves and Snoop has matured. He's not the same Snoop like he was back in '93. I likes Public Enemy and NWA because of the messages thats being sent out. "The Chronic" i think he said he was bumpin too back in '93 but then when everyone started copying Dre's style, it got outta hand and it just was wack and thats why he left the rap world for a few years after "Code Red".

then,he likes gangsta?????you can´t say to people that gangsta rap is wack and then think to yourself it's good,because you are not honest...you can say that gangsta rap it's not music to kids.

but say that it's wack and after give props.

Will Smith has said that gangsta rap is wack... Not only that, but he has lived a life that complements this stance, that's what's most important. In his music, he's always accentuated the positives in his life and speaks against those who only rhyme about the negatives... so first, let me make it clear that he is as real as it gets when it comes to hip hop.

Does Will Smith listen to gangsta rap... Yes and No. He does listen to certain artists that employ some of the aspects of gangsta rap in their rhymes... but NWA and Public Enemy have a message behind their rhymes... Dre was speaking to how people were really living. But Will has always been careful to say that though at times he listens to this music, he believes that these same artists should explore other topics and emotions outside of anger in their music.

You also have to realize that the gangsta rap we have today is just a marketing ploy. Long gone are the days when rappers were being honest with themselves and their surroundings. After '93... people were spitting gangsta rap, not because it was a lifestyle that they lived, but because it was profitable. The imagery and lifestyle appealed to the hip hop masses. But Will Smith has been steadfast on the issue since he started rapping. There are other topics, other emotions, other situations in your life other than killing people, selling crack, and calling girls "hoes." That's what he's speaking about when he says gangsta rap is wack. He's speaking about the culture that rappers praise... when in reality, not only are they not living the sorts of lives that they claim they have, but in the process, they're poisoning the minds of children with their lies. For more detail, listen to the title track of Born to Reign. Will clarifies everything.

Edited by MaxFly

• Members

The music evolves and Snoop has matured.

Has he really matured? Chorus from "Can You Control Your Ho" from his new album:

Can you control your hoe? (You got a bitch that wont do what you say)

You can't control your hoe? (She hardheaded, she just won't obey)

Can you control your hoe? (You've got to know what to do, and what to say)

You've got to put that bitch in her place, even if it's slapping her in her face.

Ya got to control your hoe. Can you control your hoe?

:poke:

• Members

Has he really matured? Chorus from "Can You Control Your Ho" from his new album:

You've got to put that bitch in her place, even if it's slapping her in her face.

Muhahahahahahahaha!!!!! I am going and buying his album tomorrow. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Wow Snoop. Wow.

Hey the hook on "Pump Ya Brakes" is basically the clean version of that. :hilarious:

"If you're girl is in your face

And she's out of place

Then what ya gotta do is, pump ya brakes"

btw, nice knowledge there Maxfly, I could'nt say it better myself.

Edited by bigted

Will Smith, the role model, feels gangsta rap is wack.

Will Smith, the individual person, likes a diverse taste in his music.

That's the definition of hypocrisy. I'm not saying that's what Will really believes (honestly I don't know what he believes, I'm not gonna pretend I know nearly enough about him to say definitively), but that's not a good explanation lol