JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

LISA 'LEFT EYE' LOPES

It's been 3 years since she left this world. TLC has always been "my other favorite group." Today marks the 3 year anniversary of the accident that took her life. There's only a few artists and that truely change your life, and she waz one of them. If anyone is looking for a good TLC fix, hit up the unofficial site...

http://www.CyberTLCWorld.net

post-11-1114449165.jpg

RIP Left Eye, I might have to put some TLC on!

I waz listening 2 Supernova and 3D all day.

Supernova is one of the deepest Hip-Hop albums ever. It's also really experimental, which is why not everyone waz feeling it (and why Arista didn't put it out in the US when they released it overseas).

p.s. Brakes, that's not Natalia's pic, it's actually the pic she used 2 create her picture. I sent her like 3 pix and that's the one she chose 2 use.

• 11 months later...

Instead of starting a new post...i just wanted 2 bump this one out. It's amazing how times flies. It just seems like yesterday when i saw them rock a crowd live. And just yesterday when i heard the news which devistated me.

In the past year, all we can really say about TLC is that their show R U The Girl With T-Boz + Chilli provided the single "I Bet" which has generated no success. The girl they chose 2 do the song with had virtually had no real relevant skillz which waz disappointing...but i know i'm one of millions who were happy 2 get the new song...but only one of thousands who actually bought the single (or found it for that matter). The new version of Now + Forever (their Greatest Hits album) has yet 2 be released or promoted while the original version sat in a wherehouse for 2 years only 2 be released with NO promotion (in the US).

Left Eye's family have since abandoned her website and haven't pushed 2 finally release and/or repackage her solo album for the US.

Well, reguardless of what the future holds, both girls say they are slowly working on solo albums and other projects (T-Boz can be found singing on a YoungbloodZ track).

Rest In Peace Left Eye

I remember watching "RU the Girl" too, it was just so weird seeing the girls w/o Left Eye, esp. when they did that last performance, I was on another site and there was a tribute to her and I started thinking about all their old songs and stuff, and I hate that their music is going unheard. This a thread I'm glad has been bumped up, so thnx AJ. I think it's good to remember one of the members of my fave girl group of all time, I hope Left Eye continues to Rest In Peace...now I'm about to go pull out my TLC albums :1-smile:

Edited by MissAshley

Normally i listen 2 their/her music all day on this day. Since i worked about 12 hours, i've been listening 2 Supernova for the pasat few hours. On Friday, when i have a day off, i'm gonna pop in my TLC Nw + Forever DVD (which waz technically released). TLC strenghthened alot of people. Many people view as a Hip-Hop/R-N-B group that had amazing commerical success. Lyrically, there waz so much more going on in their songs. I hope they have some kinda legacy that kicks up in a big way.

rest in peace babygurl... We all miss you dearly, ... I know AJ is as torn during this time as he was when she passed... i remember the day...

AJ how did u find out? did I tell u? or did u hear it on the radio???

peace,

cookie

Left Eye was a huge part of the reason why TLC is one of the greatest groups of all time, RIP...