JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will's All-Time Presence

I think Will Smith is in the top 5 of the greatest rappers ever. At first, he didn't deal with as many issues as other rappers, but he has covered that with Lost and Found. He won the first ever rap grammy and paved the way for many others. It is a shame people don't appreciate his skills. My top five, not in order, would include BIG, 2Pac, Jay-Z, Will Smith, and Nas.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ha i just disscussed this with my friend sort of i said name the top 5 rappers and i said

1 2pac

2 snoop dogg

3 Big Will

4 Ice Cube

5 Rakim

He said i was crazy

Top 5 aint enough. He is the best.

Well i would take your view into account but you've already told us before you don't listen to anything else but JJFP so your opinion is kinda wack :kekeke:

Hate to sound cruel, but thats like saying Cheese is the best filling for a sandwich ever, when you've never tried any other kind to compare it with

• Members

Well i would take your view into account but you've already told us before you don't listen to anything else but JJFP so your opinion is kinda wack :kekeke:

Hate to sound cruel, but thats like saying Cheese is the best filling for a sandwich ever, when you've never tried any other kind to compare it with

That's is sort of funny and mean. :kekeke:

Well when it comes to performing live it'd have to be Run-Dmc, Public Enemy, JJFP, KRS-ONE, and LL Cool J.

Now overall mcin'(lyricism/performance) it'd be KRS-ONE, Rakim, JJFP, LL Cool J, Chuck D, 2Pac, Big Daddy Kane, and Run-Dmc before any others(Jay-Z and Biggie don't even make my top 50)

Edited by bigted

I put Will in the top 5 of great lyricism. But Preformers hmm top ten. Thats just me. Cause there r alot of Great ppl in HIPHOP. U can't name 'em all.

And so for the judges keeping count... round 1 goes to KevTastic with a vicious uppercut and a giggle for good measure. :kekeke:

An MC isn't great by just or even how many records they sell. Some people do in fact fail to see talent.

Biggie's not the 'best'. He's just one of the popular guys that companies could sell.

U gotta put Will Smith in because look at how diverse his music and career has been. His style of the late 80s, early 90s, late 90s, and in 2002 2005.

NaS, actually can be argued. But in general, U could put him there. Maybe or maybe not top 5. But definately Top 10. Whether U agree wit all he's done in his career or not.

2pac's in darn near everybody's Top 5 or 10. Saying Tupac is better than like Will Smith is like saying Huey Newton is better than Dr. Suess. Both are doing things different but somewaht similar success. I guess that's a good way to put it. We say Tupac as more than just a rapper, cuz that wasn't all he was doing. Rap was just part of it.

Look at Jay-Z and 50 Cent. "I'm only rappin and I'm so great, but wait, the money isn't rollin in. It ain't enuff for me, so I want more." Hence the clothing line, alcoholic products, etc.

The people that started Hip Hop. They're automatically put in all-time. Cuz Hip-hop is still around and not everyone recognizes them like they should.