SCY's Weekly Review

Hero1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

i think its time to review scys lack of a review :toetap:

I find it disappointing coming from a clickable smilie lover such as scy. He obviously does not have the time management skills and is clearly not up to task. Word of advice young soxs fan, pencil "use complete boredom to write a throwaway review for those find folks at jazzyjefffreshprince.com" into your diary immediately. Scy's lack of absence in this post has also angered his sponsors, the Ford Taurus people are ringing me :call: demanding a full return of funds. The fact that I never received anything in the first place is the only thing thats saving me. So help us obi scy you're our only hope :chuks:

Am i the only one who thinks this idea has fallen flat on it's face.

TYME 2 DELETE!!

Unless Scy puts on a bib and puts his grub down with some Kibbles + Bits.

Okay, I was wondering if the necessity of this thread was gonna be brought up soon lol because honestly it probably should be :speechless: but here's the deal: First of all, I am never going to eat dogfood, so lets just make that clear now. :toetap: Secondly, I've pretty much spent the last few weeks of my life completely and totally consumed with the process of deciding where to go to college. Today, however, I finally made the decision (drumroll, please): I'm headin down to the greater NYC area next fall and accepting a full ride at Iona (HELLS yes) and telling Syracuse and its ultra-prestigious journalism program to take its whack tuition and stick it up its collective posterior. :ridepony: ANYways, this means that I can now breathe again, and not spend my every waking moment stressing over this decision. Translation? This thread might actually start being used. And my long-dormant L&F reviews might pop back up soon too. :antlers: In any case, give me a couple days, at least? I'll be all over these things tommorow, if all goes according to plans. :thumb: Plus, it's worth noting that this thread, if nothing else, can provide a valuable service to these JJFP fan forums as a whole: theoretically, it should help to contain my long, unnecessary rants :blabla: in one, easily-avoidable place.

Edited by scyhigh99

Allright... it's time to break the ice, once and for all, on my "weekly" reviews. The longer people have to wait for something, in general, the higher the demands for quality get, and the harsher criticism gets when results are less than satisfying (see: my response to "Switch"). There is no question that this understanding has fed into the obscene length of time it has taken for me to post my first review. At first I wasn't overly enthusiastic about suggestions that I eat dog food and then I was consumed with questions of college and then came writer's block and the desire to come out with something perfect. Well, the following will not be perfect (not even close). But it will, as I have said, break the ice. And then I can start posting random crap here all the time without the fear of making a bad first impression.

So, let the review commence: CHARITY/CAUSE BRACELETS.

I am not sure if the charity/cause bracelet is a worldwide phenomena, but it has certainly swept these here United States of America. People everywhere have 1, 2, or 3 colorful, plastic bracelets around their wrists at all times. Lance Armstrong's "Livestrong" yellow bands started it all, and since then, there has been an onslaught of others: tsunami victims bracelets, world peace bracelets, Red Sox bracelets (locally, at least) that support the Jimmy Fund, and on and on and on...

It's tough to argue with the money these things have undoubtably raised. Lance's brand alone must've garnered HUGE funds for cancer research, judging from how common those things are. But my problem is sort of the whole ethics behind the thing...

Maybe I'm being too negative, but what these bracelets often represent to me is the shallow nature of many people's generosity. Like, some people will only give away money when it's glamorus. "Well, I suppose I could have made this modest donation to this worthy cause before, but I wouldn't have gotten this cool accessory, which is not only trendy and cool but tells the whole world how charitable I am."

I guess some argue that the bracelets somehow "raise awareness" for their respective causes... but I have yet to see one person walk up to another person wearing an unfamiliar wristband and inquire as to what the bracelet symbolizes and how they can help. And for the record, I think most people know cancer, tsunamies, and war are bad.

ANYWAYS

It should be noted that I am writing this thing in a half asleep daze, brought on by one of the most uninspiring basketball games I have ever seen in my life. This review was not funny, it was not well written, and it probably wasn't interesting or thought provoking. But I'm not too worried about that-- it's something I've brought up in conversation before and thought I could write a little blurb on to get these reviews up and going. The only thing I truly regret is that my rushed and sleepy pace and tone have not allowed me to properly utilize clickable smilies. So here is my compensation...

:slap: :ridepony: :beer: :afro: :angel: :rofl: :rosik: :peace: :cussing: :confused: :dancingcool: :grouphug: :stupid: :laugh2: :kiss: :blah: :nhawong: :bounce:

Ooooooooooooookay then! I am now going to go to my bedroom, and fall asleep insanely early. I am tired.

Raffi & Baby Beluga forever!

Catch you on the flipside......................

nice review, to answer some of your questions, the bands have started taking off in the UK too so i assume a lot of Europe.

I wear my yellow band tho not for fashion but bcoz i lost some1 from cancer in a f***ed up way. Its my way of saying cancer sucks and i wanna tell the world. Plus when i was in work some1 did ask me what my band meant, he didnt ask how to help tho. Then i wear my anti-racism bands to annoy my brother, coz hes racist and if he says anything nasty i only have to raise my arm to show how i feel.

see your review was thought provoking. :thumb:

Gosh, I was just re-reading this for the first time... what a seriously written review. :slap: I stand by what I wrote but this was clearly meant as a comic-relief-type thread. Ah well, like Will, I'll throw in the occasional "Afro Angel," but I'll be back with a "Parents Just Don't Understand" next time. :wiggle:

EDIT= thanks for the feedback, by the way :thumb:

Edited by scyhigh99