JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tell Me Why

I was reading the site and noticed that Will said "Tell Me Why" was right behind is all time beset song "Summertime". We all know how great "Summertime" is. ANd for those who don't, obviously haven't heard it. :thumb: Naturally the topic basis won't be the same, but could this really level up to it? I mean #2? What would U say is currently behind Summertime right now in Will's career? I don't wanna push to much expection to the track and then be like, "Will can do so much better than this." Naturally, I think they sampled something. Everytime a song captures me so quick, a sample is involved that I most likely heard when I was little. The fact that a feature is wit him, it's definately behind Summertime. A great track should be only from the artist himself. No need to have so many featured artists unless your doing a significant collab.

So what's your take on this? 1 week and then we can really tell what we think.

Well Summertime is the best but what comes close is... well it's a toss up between The Rain and Afro Angel. :afro: :angel:

yeah i agree the rain is up there. Will might have gone from feedback from his friends, jada, his kids, ppl hes worked with. It must be hard otherwise to judge how good your own song is. This song must have amazing lyrics and mary must be great on the vocals.

There is a lot of hype over this track so i hope im not a bit dissapointed with how much im looking forward to it. saying that Mr Nice guy so far is as good as i was expecting.

'Summertime' is the best track Will has ever done, arguably one of the best songs ever, I think it's hard to top that one. But he has done so many great songs in his career, I think that "Just The Two Of Us" is the best serious song he's ever done, although I like "Chasin' Forever" and "Shadow Dreams" a lot too, so it's gonna take a lot for "Tell Me Why" to top those, but I wouldn't doubt him though, this could be the best album released in hip-hop since "All Eyez On Me".

I'm thinkin' the song will be huge. While i don't think it'll have any comparisons with "Summertime"...i think that like "Summertime," the track will be so ill that nobody will be able 2 say anything bad about it, even if they are haters.