JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

50 acknowledges Will as a rapper (sort of...)

*mimi*

50 CENT: 'SAMUEL L JACKSON IS JEALOUS OF ME'

Rapper 50 CENT has launched a scathing attack on actor SAMUEL L JACKSON - after the actor refused to star in the rapper's movie debut because he questioned 50 Cent's acting abilities.

The PULP FICTION star famously hit out at studios for casting musicians in Hollywood movies over established black actors, so turned down the chance to appear alongside the hip-hop star in JIM SHERIDAN film A HUSTLER'S AMBITION.

But the IN DA CLUB rapper, real name CURTIS JACKSON, insists Jackson doesn't want to star opposite him because he's jealous of the hip-hop star's success.

He explains, "Saying he wouldn't work with a rapper is like saying he wouldn't work with WILL SMITH, QUEEN LATIFAH or ICE CUBE.

"Basically, he didn't want to play second fiddle. He knew that because of my success, people would come to see the movie because of me. And he couldn't handle that.

"To be honest, I couldn't see where he would fit into the movie anyway - other than as my grandfather."

18/03/2005 03:14

-------------------------------------------

kinda good to know he didn't omit Will from there like I've seen other rappers do

50 Cent is an idiot! How could he be dissrespecting one of the greatest actors out there? I can't see many actors wanting to work with that fool! And if they were both in a movie I know for sure I would be seeing it purely for Sam Jackson and not 40 Cent!

50 isn't dealing with reality right now. I'm not quite sure how, but he must have forgotten that Will was an oscar nominee and that he's one of the biggest movie stars in the world, if not the biggest, in addition to having his own sitcom for 6 years. It must have slipped his mind that The Queen has been in stuff from Set It Off, to Brown Sugar, to Chicago, and also did the sitcom thing with "Living Single." And Ice Cube's been in Friday (a classic here in the states), and really all discussion should stop right there in that respect, but then there are the two sequels and the Barbershop movies along with a number of other projects. The mistake 50 has made is to compare himself with people who have established themselves in acting apart from the rap. Proves once more that 50 is playing with a quarter short of 50 cents.

How's he gonna compare himself 2 Will Smith, Queen Latifah and Ice Cube. They've actually proven they can act...50 hasn't. I don't blame Samuel at all 4 not wanting 2 work with him.

:werd: That's sad if that's the best thing 50 cent could say about Will, to even compare himself to Will is ignorant 'cause Will has already established himself as an actor and I wouldn't mind if Will ever dissed 50 'cause 50 talks ignorant.

Samuel L Jackson is the best actor i know, ive seen most of his movies, hes funniest role is in pulp fiction, just being so seroius but he actually brough comedy init for me.

i think 50 cent is an idiot, he shouldnt act, he shouldnt even rap, what am i kidding we shouldnt even be speakin about him here, hes worthless hes a fool and a disgrace to hip hop and rap, and a samuel L Jackson and a will smith movie would be dope!!!,

50 cent is a paranoid fool. because he was in the middle of the shooting he isnt going out of his house? fat joe and jadakiss ripped it out 50 cent, and i cant see eminem anywhere helpin him, i cant believe im saying this but i believe eminem is smart enough to stay out of beef with 50, coz jada and fatjoe would rip him too!!!

Samuel L. Jackson is a modern day legend on the big screen. He has the right 2 be picky about what he dose and who he works with. Heck, i'm just a local actor and i've dropped out of 2 shows in the past 5 months cuz i knew they wouldn't meed my personal requirements. 50 Cent has a 1 dimentinal personality on his records...why would he all of a sudden be able 2 act in a movie?!?! He probably will just play one of those "i think i'm gangsta" type of characters which will be the same fake persona he puts on in his stupid music videos.

I understand why he would disagree with Samuel L. Jackson's decision, but he should have kept his mouth shut and try 2 prove himself. 50 Cent really is a joke. That movie lost a great actor simply cuz they wanted 2 have a rap pop star in their movie 2 drag his white teenage fanbase.

(yes, that waz a joke...don't no crackers get bent outta shape...i'm white 2... :hilarious: )

• Members

you americans i would say don't appreciate GOOD AND REAL music. within 4 days, that asshole's album, goes platinum and the album's WHACK as hell (i've listened to it)! in recent days, he's been picking up quarells with everyone even with those within his camp (game and dre).

then the asshole has the guts to open his filthy mouth against a screen legend 'cause he don't want to feature in his f**ked up movie! i think that guy is losing his mind and going nuts. and no post of that asshole on this board ever. we should concentrate on what will's album has to offer.

you americans i would say don't appreciate GOOD AND REAL music. within 4 days, that asshole's album, goes platinum and the album's WHACK as hell (i've listened to it)! in recent days, he's been picking up quarells with everyone even with those within his camp (game and dre).

then the asshole has the guts to open his filthy mouth against a screen legend 'cause he don't want to feature in his f**ked up movie! i think that guy is losing his mind and going nuts. and no post of that asshole on this board ever. we should concentrate on what will's album has to offer.

America is f-ed up when it comes to mainstream music of whats really good and what really sucks!

Now usually I don't get really agressive or mad or say bad words but now it's enough with 50! Don't y'all think?

@50:

Man fu** u and ur whole crew u little stupid bit** a** motherfu**ing co**su**er!!! Shut ur fu**in damn mouth now, please shut the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

So sry 4 that but I gotta do it... :nono: