JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Usher and Ludacris to Make Joint Album

JamesUK

They have teamed up againg with lil jon for a track on his crunk album and are in talks to record a "best of both worlds style" album

I like usher so this album could be really good or it could go the other way

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1494304/2...?headlines=true

Well, I heard "Lovers & Friends". Only cuz my friends wanted me to get it for them, and plus I actually listened to the radio one time. I like the beat, and Usher's part, but Luda wit his "better get these whippins" just turned me off. Jay-Z and R. Kelly thought they were the best in their genre's game. Wit that collab, they were sadly mistaken. The only collab of R.Kelly & Jay-Z I've heard was "All of My Days". that was more of Changing Faces tho, so I don't know.

Usher feels he rules the R&B I guess this year. I know there's been artists that have had a rawer and realer sound than he has. But Usher has done his thing 4 what the fans make him out to be. Ludacris is a Dirty South noteworthy. We'll just have to see how this album irons out. Speakin of which, Usher's from down south ain't he?

:bang: No!! This is a stupid idea!! I'm not saying that simply cuz i've been a fan of Usher's since 1993 and never really a fan of Ludacris' (tho' his new video is pretty cool). It just dosen't make sense 2 take it so far as 2 do a full album like that. Like The Best of Both Worlds, R. Kelly has a big following and so dose Jay-Z, but 1 or 2 hit songs 2gether dosen't mean a joint album is necessary. I have both of R. Kelly + Jay-Z's albums and they just don't make much sense. They've never kept my attention 4 long. I have a feeling that if this album would happen, it would do the same.

"Yeah!" waz a big hit and a good song, but notice that the rest of Usher's album is nothing like that. 1 crunk Lil' Jon track like that waz nice, but more than 1 or 2 would be awful. Usher's other track "Red Light" with Lil' Jon waz alright but i would never wanna see this album materialize. The Best of Both Worlds albums never really complimented either R. Kelly's or Jay-Z's careers and i don't see an album like that do anything 4 either Usher's or Ludacris' careers either.

The only joint albums i can think of that made sense were Kenny Lattimore + Chante Moore's and Method Man + Redman's.

I'm not a big fan of Usher or Ludacris so I probably won't be buying this but I think that if you wanted to the best of R&B and hip-hop album over the last 20 years, I would have to say that a LL Cool J/Keith Sweat album would be legendary, imagine all the panties that'd be thrown on stage if they toured! :kekeke: I wouldn't mind being the opening act for that tour. :lolsign:

why do some of u hate Ludacris so much?? Out of all the mainstream artists, he is of the better ones out thre. Plus he gets positive comments from ppl like Nas, Will, Doug E. Fresh, etc. The old school plus some of the new rappers all have nothin but good stuff 2 say about Luda. Usher is the diva. He's the one without much talent for lip-synching and sucking live on stage when he sings.

why do some of u hate Ludacris so much?? Out of all the mainstream artists, he is of the better ones out thre. Plus he gets positive comments from ppl like Nas, Will, Doug E. Fresh, etc. The old school plus some of the new rappers all have nothin but good stuff 2 say about Luda. Usher is the diva. He's the one without much talent for lip-synching and sucking live on stage when he sings.

I hear his live shows are awsome

And nobody can deny how good he was in the recent performances with Alicia Keys, She is the only person who I can think of who can outshine him onstage with pure talent. And considering how talented she is that is saying alot for usher

why do some of u hate Ludacris so much??

I don't think that people hate him. I think there are some people who find his lyrics abrasive and/or offensive. I don't think he's wack it's just that his lyrical content does nothing for me(and I would imagine it's the same for several people on this board). It's the same with Em. I think he's a good rapper but it's his lyrics that are garbage to me. The whole mainstream style of rapping is about money, h***, cars, etc. There aren't storytellers like Slick Rick, FP, Rakim and others.

That's just my opinion.... I could be wrong.

I don't like Ludacris cuz alot of his music is just sleazy sex stories with no imagination. I think some of his cameo appearances are cool, but that's cuz he only needs 2 stay on topic 4 like 8 bars. He dose have some clever lyrics but his overall subject matter turns me off. His voice and flow sometimes are overdone and i can only stand so much commerical dirty south type stuff. I kinda liked him when he 1st came out, but all those "Roll Out, Move Out The Way, Stand Up" type songs kill me, i think they are awful.

I thing Usher is a true talent. His live shows are great. He's got 2 concert videos out with the 3rd one on the way. He dosen't lipsync at all. He's one of the hardest working men in show business. If any one comes close 2 touching the crown of the King of Pop, Usher is the man. I'm scared 2 see the colabo album between him and Luda bring out a very stale formula and overdone dirty south vibe.

I don't like Ludacris cuz alot of his music is just sleazy sex stories with no imagination. I think some of his cameo appearances are cool, but that's cuz he only needs 2 stay on topic 4 like 8 bars. He dose have some clever lyrics but his overall subject matter turns me off. His voice and flow sometimes are overdone and i can only stand so much commerical dirty south type stuff. I kinda liked him when he 1st came out, but all those "Roll Out, Move Out The Way, Stand Up" type songs kill me, i think they are awful.

I thing Usher is a true talent. His live shows are great. He's got 2 concert videos out with the 3rd one on the way. He dosen't lipsync at all. He's one of the hardest working men in show business. If any one comes close 2 touching the crown of the King of Pop, Usher is the man. I'm scared 2 see the colabo album between him and Luda bring out a very stale formula and overdone dirty south vibe.

^^^um Usher did lip sync before. Plus, if u think Luda is all about sex, go listen to all his albums in full. Also, Usher isn't the goody-goody guy u seem 2 think he is. He's more into sex than Luda. Haven't u heard of Usher's sex tape? or his comments to Xzibit at the EMA's??