JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Slick Rick

Jonny 5

Hey all, I was lookin through amazon for a few new albums to buy and decided I'd get one of Slick Rick's seen as though he has been mentioned positively a few times on this site, and featured on So Fresh. Seen as though he has quite a few albums I could buy, I was just wondering which is the best to buy as a first album. Hope someone can help... :thumb:

Thanks

Yeah, his 1st album u wanna get when it comes 2 classics. However, if u want something modern, check out his 1999 album "The Art of Storytelling."

Hey I ordered that CD the other day at the BMG Music Club that I'm a member of, this will be the 3rd Slick Rick album in my collection, I love "The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick" and "The Ruler's Back", he's a great artist! :bowdown: Does anyone have any of The get Fresh Crew's albums that he did wit Doug E. Fresh? :dunno: I hope he comes out wit a new album soon, he's still on the Def Jam roster, only him and LL Cool J are the only ones left on Def Jam from the '80s: EPMD, Public Enemy, and The Beasties Boys ain't there anymore.

Does anyone have any of The get Fresh Crew's albums that he did wit Doug E. Fresh?

"Does anyone have any of The get Fresh Crew's albums that he did wit Doug E. Fresh?"

I just have da ultimate 1985 classic "The Show" on maxi vinyl... Doug E Fresh n Ricky D aka Slick Rick... but da real old school bomb 4 me is "La di da di" on da b-side... "Ricky, Ricky, Ricky, can't you see/ somehow your words just hypnotize me"

Peace