JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Da Brakes - Clean But Still Street

Its finally here people! Long overdue but well worth the wait...I present to you 'Clean But Still Street'

DOWNLOAD LINK ---> http://www.dabrakes.com/CBSS.zip

I'm so proud at how its turned out and hope you all enjoy it as mush as I've enjoyed making it!! I've leaked it to you guys first! Everyone else gets it Wednesday! If you want a FREE physical copy (which I highly recommend) then simply click the following link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6589754

Download it, love it but most importantly let me know what you think!

6210_97717033675_17299523675_1936972_662

Intro

Produced by Jackanory

Scratches by Jackanory

Hip Hop Loving [featuring Da Ace and Josephine]

Written By E. Alman, T. Bellfield

Produced by Jackanory

Wannabe

Written by E. Alman

Produced by R.E.N

(Girl) You Don’t Look So Good [featuring Aaron]

Written by E. Alman

Produced by Jackanory

Never Leave Me [featuring Aaron and Josephine]

Written by E. Alman, A. Coward, J. Daly

Produced by Jackanory

Bringing It Back [featuring Kel Spencer]

Written by E. Alman, L. Bennett

Produced by Jackanory

Bounce

Written by E. Alman

Produced by D.Fusion

Sound Check

Written by E. Alman

Produced by Jackanory

Daddy’s Own Self

Written by E. Alman

Produced by Jackanory

Feel The Joy [featuring Clare Williams)

Written by E. Alman

Produced by VipaGTS

Got Jokes?!

Written by E. Alman

Produced by D.Fusion

Rhymes & Music [featuring Dee]

Written by E. Alman, D. Thomson, M. Rendall

Produced by Jackanory

Outro

Written by E. Alman

Produced by Jackanory

Still Street [Kon-Tempt Remix]

Written by E. Alman, T. Bellfield

Produced by Kon-Tempt

Take You There [featuring Aaron]

Written by E. Alman, A. Coward

Produced by The Audio Stars

Edited by Da Brakes

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a reminder of the review Tim did!

Da Brakes continues his progression as a rap artist with his second full length, “Clean but Still Street.” The production level has risen and is more consistent as Brakes raps over a mix of R&B and funk grooves. The album is a throwback to the mid 90s where artists like Heavy D and Coolio were able to mix hip-hop credibility with a more pop accessible sound. Brakes displays plenty of rap skill and some quick rhyming but packages it with catchy hooks, dope beats and a lot of personality.

Clean but Still Street starts out strong with “Hip Hop Loving.” It’s a fun jam and Da Ace once again compliments Brakes lyrical styling’s with a devastating multi syllable verse. “Sound Check” is a creative highlight. This hilarious track is well thought out and extremely well produced. It is similar to DJ format/Abdominal’s recent releases in that it is very funny yet still very catchy and worthy of repeat listens. The album has a lot of variety and touches on many different subjects. Two highlights are “Daddy’s own self,” an emotional ode to Brakes father and “Never Leave Me,” which recounts a broken heart and hurt feelings.

“Bringing it Back” is a classic rap jam. Kel Spencer jumps on board for a verse and elevates the track to another level with a simple yet highly effective rhyme display, “I’m a fill a void, fill a gap, yeah, it’s a rap, bring it back.”

There is no filler here, “Rhymes & Music” is another funk-laden track and Brakes effortlessly flows across the beat, “I got more soul than whole row of soul divas.” Kon-tempts still street hip-hop loving remix closes out the album. This is probably the hardest hitting track on the disc and you will definitely be bumpin this in the car.

Clean but Still Street is a refreshing change from the gangsta tales, wild profanity and the monotonous tone of today’s popular rap. The album shows a diversity and maturity that belies Brakes years in the game. It’s straight up hip-hop packaged in an accessible sound. Da Brakes is clean, still street, and definitely moving forward.

~Hero1

Im soo happy to finally see it, I wish i could order for a physical copy, but I dont know if it will get here.. But im definitelly downloading this though, Ill let u know what I think of it after I hear it completely today

Im soo happy to finally see it, I wish i could order for a physical copy, but I dont know if it will get here.. But im definitelly downloading this though, Ill let u know what I think of it after I hear it completely today

It will be me sending it Visqo so as long as you send me your address you'll get a physical copy!

Ok, so I've been listening to this for a while now...

Feel The Joy and Daddy's Own Self are not only my favourite tracks from you, they rank at the top of my favourite tracks from UK artists. Honestly bro, I'm not just saying this because its you, but I honestly believe ya up there with Twang and them. You got the most vital componant, you get better with time.

Cant wait for the physical copy.

P.S: How many compliments is it gonna take to get a Brake Yourself download? :lookaround: LOL :joke:

Edited by Big Willie

I'm downloading right now and i'll be ordering a physical copy real soon Thanks Brakes an Congrats!!

1've been dying to listen to ''Wannabe'' and ''Bringing it Back'' again

Edited by ant1

Thanks for the love guys! Appreciate it! Don't keep it to yourself! Pass it on to those who you feel may like the album!

Ok, so I've been listening to this for a while now...

Feel The Joy and Daddy's Own Self are not only my favourite tracks from you, they rank at the top of my favourite tracks from UK artists. Honestly bro, I'm not just saying this because its you, but I honestly believe ya up there with Twang and them. You got the most vital componant, you get better with time.

Cant wait for the physical copy.

P.S: How many compliments is it gonna take to get a Brake Yourself download? :lookaround: LOL :joke:

Whoa! Thanks man! That means a lot hear that! A huge compliment! 'Feel The Joy' was produced by our very own Vipa! He did a great job with that track! 'Daddy's Own Self' is real spacial to me as well so I'm glad you enjoyed it! :wave2:

Edited by Da Brakes