JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The official ''NBA'' discussion thread

Typhoon20

I'm a Jazz fan. Can't say I'm too happy with how the season has gone so far. We traded a protected first round pick and Giricek for Korver from the 76ers. Although it seems like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. Here's hoping '08 will turn luck in our favor.

Jazz fan eh???? Whats your opinion of Deron Williams?

I love Deron. He's the best thing to happen to the Jazz in a long time. Some people think we should have gotten Paul, but I think Deron is more than fine.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Jazz fan. Can't say I'm too happy with how the season has gone so far. We traded a protected first round pick and Giricek for Korver from the 76ers. Although it seems like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. Here's hoping '08 will turn luck in our favor.

Jazz fan eh???? Whats your opinion of Deron Williams?

I love Deron. He's the best thing to happen to the Jazz in a long time. Some people think we should have gotten Paul, but I think Deron is more than fine.

Huge Illini fan here man..Thats good to hear. Personally I think Paul is a punk with incredible talent. Just watch your nuts when you are around him...:)

Huge Illini fan here man..Thats good to hear. Personally I think Paul is a punk with incredible talent. Just watch your nuts when you are around him...:)

Woah... Why the dislike for Chris Paul. Dude is balling out of control out there. He had the Hornets looking like a legit threat out there. They're not a contender, but they could be as early as next year provided the core stays together and healthy.

D-Will is more of a punk then CP3. CP3 is the definition of kindness, good leader with incredible PG skills.

D-Will is more of the bad@ss type of player.

Both are great great players, D-Will has the better team by far so that helped him a lot.

Still, D-Will is slightly ahead of CP3 at the moment IMO.

D-Will is more of a punk then CP3. CP3 is the definition of kindness, good leader with incredible PG skills.

D-Will is more of the bad@ss type of player.

Both are great great players, D-Will has the better team by far so that helped him a lot.

Still, D-Will is slightly ahead of CP3 at the moment IMO.

I would have agreed last season... but CP was ROY and he's having a better season so far than D-Will... that's 2 out of 3 years... I personally like D-Will more though.

CP3 Averaging: 21.9 points, 10.2 assists, and 2.9 steals

Deron Williams Averaging: 19.1 points, 9.1 assists and 1.1 steals

You pick who's better! I say Chris Paul is right now, but they're both great players!

NBA Rumors Lakers contact Webber, could replace Bynum in middle

Tuesday, Jan 15, 2008 9:26 am EST

Getty Images

With Andrew Bynum out eight weeks with a knee injury, the Los Angeles Lakers find themselves seraching for a solution to the giant hole in the middle of their lineup.

Kwame Brown has started 178 games in his seven-year career, and newly anointed backup Ronny Turiaf is more of a power forward. The Los Angeles Times reported Chris Mihm is at least two weeks from returning, if not longer, from a sore right Achilles tendon.

Thus, the Lakers are sifting through the free-agent bin and coming up with such names as Chris Webber, P.J. Brown and DJ Mbenga.The Lakers were intrigued by Webber a year ago and have been in contact with his representatives. They think he fits the mold of a triangle-offense player -- good passer, good jump shot -- but are concerned about his physical condition.

• 2 weeks later...

Garnett, Kobe, Iverson headline All-Star starters roster

Associated Press

Updated: January 24, 2008, 8:44 PM ET

Comment

Email

Print

NEW YORK -- With a late rally, Allen Iverson is an All-Star starter again.

Iverson surged from behind in the fan voting to earn a starting spot in next month's game when the vote totals were released Thursday night. Denver Nuggets teammate Carmelo Anthony will join him in New Orleans after earning his first starting nod.

ALL-STAR STARTERS

EASTERN CONFERENCE

G Dwyane Wade, Heat

G Jason Kidd, Nets

C Dwight Howard, Magic

F LeBron James, Cavs

F Kevin Garnett, Celtics

WESTERN CONFERENCE

G Kobe Bryant, Lakers

G Allen Iverson, Nuggets

C Yao Ming, Rockets

F Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets

F Tim Duncan, Spurs

Lakers star Kobe Bryant will team with Iverson in the Western Conference backcourt. Houston center Yao Ming was voted in by the fans for the sixth straight season at center, while San Antonio's Tim Duncan was chosen as the other forward. He has been selected to every All-Star Game since entering the league in 1997.

Boston's Kevin Garnett, the MVP of the 2003 game, was the leading vote-getter with 2,399,148 votes. He will be joined in the East frontcourt by Cleveland forward LeBron James and Orlando center Dwight Howard, a first-time starter. Miami's Dwyane Wade and New Jersey guard Jason Kidd round out the starting lineup.

Iverson rallied to pass Houston's Tracy McGrady in the final weeks of voting to earn his first start since moving to the Western Conference early last season. He started seven straight All-Star Games while playing for Philadelphia, but fell short last year after the 76ers dealt him to the Nuggets in December 2006.

The two-time MVP of the All-Star Game beat McGrady by 10,410 votes and will make his ninth appearance on Feb. 17 in New Orleans.

"It's a good feeling. I think it's a tribute to my teammates and coaching staff because without those guys none of that would be possible," Iverson said in a statement. "But most of all I just want to thank the fans for appreciating what I go out and do on the court night in and night out. It's just a great feeling and an honor, and I'm just looking forward to trying to play the best that I can play for the fans."

Garnett, another perennial starter, also will experience the game from the other conference.

The Boston forward will appear in his 11th straight All-Star Game, second among active players to Shaquille O'Neal's 14, and ninth start. The longtime Minnesota Timberwolves star is a leading MVP candidate at midseason for the impact he has made on the Celtics, who own the NBA's best record at 33-7 after winning only 24 games last season.

Iverson was more than 80,000 votes behind McGrady, who has struggled with injuries this season, when the final update was released two weeks ago. He ended up with 1,203,152 votes. McGrady finished with 1,192,742.

James, the MVP of the 2006 game and the leading vote-getter last season, was second overall with 2,108,831 votes. He said he never looks at getting selected as tiresome.

"It's always exciting because the fans vote you in. They vote me in as a starter every year," James said. "Without the fans there's no us. They dream about having all these guys out on the court at the same time. It's their opportunity to get that. It's always special."

The coaches from each conference will choose the reserves, who will be announced next Thursday.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press