JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Black radio they wont play me though"

• Admin

Switch is #14 on the billboard singles charts right.. so where is it on the urban radio charts... #90 thats right #90 with just 136 spins for the week.. now that is just downright disgraceful :nono: the only reason they are not playing it is because its Will Smith

Well like I said earlier in another post: It doesn't make sense for some pop rappers to complain about airplay when they're only getting played all day as it is already but it's justified for hip-hop legends like FP to talk about it 'cause damn it they've expanded this platform like he put it on the album. F the radio, that's why I don't listen to it 'cause if I did, I'd be encouraged to quit rhymin' again.

Edited by bigted

Alot of urban radio stations support FP's stuff the 1st week or 2 that it drops, but then they stop playing. It's how they always do his stuff. I've never heard "Switch" on the radio at all. But i think "Tell Me Why" can change all that...hopefully 4 good.

True true. Here it's very true. I mean Iremember a while back there was a radio station called 102.7 here in S.A Tx. The Dj's were making fun of Will for still rapping the song was Freakin' It. But they only play it once. 102.7 B4 it was turn to a classic rock station it was rap station. But they only played gangsta rap. So I ain't gonna here it on Urban station cuz they only play gangsta rap.

Edited by Angel Amor

that's sad.I've only heard switch twice or 3 times on the radio :nono:

the good news is that Will is the artist of the month on MTV Spain and all his videos and of course Swicth are been played a lot, so people can know he has a new album out!!

• Members

Hi everybody, let me tell you something.

Switch has been played only once in french(i don't even put capital f...) radio and it was the day Will came to promote Hitch. The video can be seen but thanx to satellite on Italian TV. And 2weeks ago i called to a radio to know why they don't play Switch and why they don't tell about the new album and they answered they did not know about it and they will have to check if the album deserves to be played. That's a shame!! i'm really disgusted. And you know what? the album will be out on monday 11th april and still no switch on radio!! :confused3:

I've heard it quiet a lot in Belgian radio...but this radio station plays a lot of pop music..but it's still good!

when I was in Belgium last month all we saw n tv was Usher's caught up video.jennifer lopez get right & tha last days they started to play switch. how I miss it...I have to come back there someday, I'll go to visit you hahaha

I've heard it quiet a lot in Belgian radio...but this radio station plays a lot of pop music..but it's still good!

when I was in Belgium last month all we saw n tv was Usher's caught up video.jennifer lopez get right & tha last days they started to play switch. how I miss it...I have to come back there someday, I'll go to visit you hahaha

yeah that would be great...just tell me when and where! :antlers: