JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

rush hour 3

sonic1988

Hey whatever happened to Chris Tucker? He hasn't released any movies since "Rush Hour 2" I believe and that was 3 years ago! :dunno:

• Admin
ive been following this story for 3 years now..and thats all old news guys! the latest news is its not happening..brett ratners doin sum other project.. and the script is being re-written because it included 2 many countries and they didnt want to spend that much money on the budget..and jackie doesnt wanna do anymorew american movies anymore

Brett Ratner was expected to start "Rush Hour 3" after completing “After the Sunset”, starring Pierce Brosnan. But due to budget complications he has gone on to commit himself to the Sean Connery movie, “Josiah’s Canon” for Fox which will begin shooting in Prague in October this year. He is also eyeing the directorial job for “Mission: Impossible 3”.

It's still gonna happen, it's just not for a while yet. 2006 maybe?
If Bret does not get MI3, then he'll start on Rush hour 3 & (possibly) 4.

Also..........

Jackie Chan will do Rush Hour 3, despite his comments in many interviews that he does not like the Rush Hour series.

“American style is they give me three days, five days, maybe extra two or three days, but it’s still not enough,” Chan said. “But I trust American style now. Six years ago I was frustrated. It just made me angry, I need more days, more fights. But now I realize American style is more like script, comedy, then action. In Hong Kong movies, it’s action, action, comedy, and the script doesn’t matter. But it’s different. After six years I trust it. They don’t like to see long fights, but okay, I trust them.”

That is Jackie talking right there ^^^

So I wouldn't rule out RH3 or 4 just yet.

A personal note.
I think the Rush Hour sieres it too popular to give up on right now, and I bet the film studio know that too.
The fans want it, that stars want to make it. We just have to wait and it shall come.

IF it does happen, I'd like to see Jet Li as a bad guy. Jackie Vs Jet.................ohhhhhhhh baby. Now that would be a fight. Edited by the real big willie

• Admin
Rush Hour 3 has officially been postponed indefinatlly. Jackie Chan won't be doing another American film in the next 3 years. But, on the Carson Daily show, Jackie says that he is still doing Rush Hour 3 but it won't come out until atleast 3 years.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin
Nathanson Doubts Rush Hour 3 Will Happen
Source: About.com Saturday, August 28, 2004

About.com talked to screenwriter Jeff Nathanson (The Last Shot), who is in talks to write the third installment in the popular "Rush Hour" series, starring Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan.

Nathanson doubts Rush Hour 3 will get off the ground, however. "I think that it's unlikely because of the budget stuff. They're having trouble figuring out how to afford that movie."

He adds that New Line, director Brett Ratner, and himself are just talking now to figure out ways to make it all work. It was previously reported that Tucker would receive $20 million against 20% of the gross for the film.

Visit the link above for more of the interview.