JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

In Ohio, you're innocent till accused guilty

Schnazz

hmmm... not too sure about that. Seems weird to me. As long as they've got a good system in place and people can't be just like "Yeah, he raped me put him on the list" it should go ok I guess. But why have a list of innocent people? Surely it's better to just step the game up of the courts/investigations and decide definitely whether somebody is innocent/guilty? Seems like a better investment to me... could ruin somebodies life being on a list even if they've done nothing wrong...

I don't know...we all know that there is a loop hole in every legal system. There's lot of people who are over penalized 4 crimes, people let off for things simply cuz someone didn't make a court date and so on. I don't think it's right...but i don't think it's wrong. If i had a family, i'd wanna if some psyco idiot like the guy who claimed 2 kill JonBenet waz living in my neighborhood...whether they found guilty or not guilty. I don't think the info should be just put out there...but i think it should be at easy access for those who want it.

Naw, this law is very bad because it by passes due process. The reason we have the legal system we do is so that the courts can make sure that you're guilty before punishing you. With this new law, the courts no longer need to prove you're guilty to punish you, they can use this loop hole to punish you regardless of evidence, proof before a jury, and all the other nice stuff that helps keep you free. For example of how this can be abused, let's assume you're going through an ugly divorce. Your wife decides to fight dirty and files a petition with the court that claims you've molested children. Now, even though you did no such thing, have a clean record, and there's no evidence supporting the claim, you're being punished as if you where. You're name is now on the list and you're subject to all reprocusions that come with it. You're no longer innocent till proven guilty, there's no due process. This type of loose legal system has always been abused in the past and it's a serious blow to one of the corner stones of our freedom.

Naw, this law is very bad because it by passes due process. The reason we have the legal system we do is so that the courts can make sure that you're guilty before punishing you. With this new law, the courts no longer need to prove you're guilty to punish you, they can use this loop hole to punish you regardless of evidence, proof before a jury, and all the other nice stuff that helps keep you free. For example of how this can be abused, let's assume you're going through an ugly divorce. Your wife decides to fight dirty and files a petition with the court that claims you've molested children. Now, even though you did no such thing, have a clean record, and there's no evidence supporting the claim, you're being punished as if you where. You're name is now on the list and you're subject to all reprocusions that come with it. You're no longer innocent till proven guilty, there's no due process. This type of loose legal system has always been abused in the past and it's a serious blow to one of the corner stones of our freedom.

exactly

I give you exibit A:

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.