JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

The Rain VIDEO!

a really good video, but you could have mixed more vids related to the lyrics, for example where he talks about the kids running around in the street playing in the rain.

or the part with the sun (I wondered if the sun would shine forever) you could have put a scene with the sun breaking through the clouds.

yeah it was cool, u focused on the words which is the most important part of this song. Good job! :2thumbs:

Yeah, the words are the most improtant thing in this track.

a really good video, but you could have mixed more vids related to the lyrics, for example where he talks about the kids running around in the street playing in the rain.

or the part with the sun (I wondered if the sun would shine forever) you could have put a scene with the sun breaking through the clouds.

I hada few ideas for some of the things mentioned in the lyrics, but wanted to do all or nothing, like if I was gonna relate some words to clips then I wanted to relate every line to a clip. There was no way I could find clips suitable for everythin, it was hard enough just finding any clips of rain! (try it!)

it felt like a sing along, which isnt a bad thing but i think there could have been more scenes.

i liked it though

Yeah, again it was hard to find appropriate scenes on no budget lol!

thanks for the comments guys!

here we go, it's different to my usual style of video, but I like it - nice and simple... I really just thought it would be good with Youtube's popularity at the moment to have another one of Will's greatest tracks on there in some form...

opinions please!

Will Smith - The Rain

Man u really got it going on! It was a nice video! :2thumbs:

i had refrained from replying because everyone was feelin the video more than i was it seemed. but i'll go ahead and reply now. the video was just a little too simple and boring for me. i guess my expectations were too high after the potnas video. no offense at all jonny, it just wasnt my cup of tea.

i had refrained from replying because everyone was feelin the video more than i was it seemed. but i'll go ahead and reply now. the video was just a little too simple and boring for me. i guess my expectations were too high after the potnas video. no offense at all jonny, it just wasnt my cup of tea.

Yep, no worries Wes, I knew this would be the reaction it would get.. just wanted to get something out on youtube like. Was so easy to find content for the potnas video, but this was damn near impossible, so I kept it simple...