JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Underground X

mfuqua23

There are countless talents out there in the world of Hip Hop. Too many for one to keep up, enough for one to find a desired taste. Underground, not easily seen or heard, basically don't have the same luxuries as those of the mainstream. Yet the likes of them work just as hard, however their resources don't allow as much success as they are probably due. Because of that, some are bitter, others are understanding. And the "X", simply put is the unknown as in algebra. "Underground X" is a nonprofit cd project of various artists who aren't easily recognized by the general public and/or on the underground scene. So the artists themselves and fans alike, may take part in having, pushing, or selling all towards one goal.

---------------------

Now, for several months, I've been organizing this thing and features names familar to this forum (Da Brakes, Kel Spencer, Koffee Blakk, FuQ? :wiggle: ), forgotten names (Masta Ace, Main Flow and Donte [from Mood], or perhaps new (Fresh Air, Marv + Cash, Q.U. Ill). Whatever your preferences towards these names, they are just some of the artists kind enough to contribute towards this project.

For now, one online source will be Megaupload. Any help in getting this elsewhere online will be much appreciated. Also, creating cover art (tracklist on one half, artwork on the other). If you want neither of this to apply to you, than just enjoy the songs. :2thumbs:

Tracklist

1. Intro

2. Hip Hop Love - FuQ

3. Talk It Up - Kel Spencer

4. Where I'm From - Main Flow

5. By Myself (Leave Me Alone) - Koffee Blakk

6. Uzewhutchugot - MBF

7. Lyrical Fitness - Da Brakes

8. No Question - Fresh Air

9. About Love - Velben

10. In Between - Analog Social Club

11. 4 Brothers - Strickland, Masta Ace, Wordsworth, Punchline

12. Hey Hey - Donte

13. Pop Off - Kel Spencer

14. Stylez & Skills - FuQ

15. In The City - Opus7

16. Life is a Moment - Koffee Blakk

17. Backstabbers - Marv & Cash

18. Riot Music - Blitz

19. Stick Em - Kel Spencer

20. Sonata - Opus7

21. ImWusHapnen - Marv & Cash

22. My Home - Q.U. Ill

23. Always - Kev Brown (DJ Vipa Remix)

24. It's Alright - Tatyana Ali

Edited by mfuqua23

i would call Masta Ace underground. back in '93 he was dissin gangsta rap and keepin his raps clean, and nowadays his beats and sound in general sound real underground and he has no-name producers and no-name guest appearances. but dont underestimate him, i think his work is dope.

Thanks for this, when I get a chance I'm gonna give these tracks a listen, btw that's awesome that you got Masta Ace on this, he's known as one of the realest mcs ever, I never got any of his albums but I heard some of his songs, great lyricist...

Hey I just realised that I can't get megaupload to work for me so I'm unable to hear anything right now :damnyou:

FuQ, now all the tracks are available, why not make RAR files on a few upload hosts so people can get the whole project on one download on a host that works for them? Just a suggestion.

This is dope by the way, really feeling some of those tracks.

Edited by Big Willie