JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Congratz to the Miami Heat..

Vipa

yeah its a shame we didnt have a good NBA discussion. i thought about making a topic a couple of times but then decided not to. Miami was amazing, and so were the Mavs. both teams wanted it equally as much, Miami just came out on top. i was going for Miami since they were playin the Pistons back in the conference finals and i was really discouraged after they lost the first 2 games but i never gave up faith and the whole team, not just D Wade, stepped up and played like champions. props to the heat, they earned that championship. and D Wade is just on a whole other level. i've always maintained to my friends that Wade is better than Melo and Lebron, and they're just now starting to admit that i might be right. lol

That was a really good game. It was very close all the way up to the last shot. Man, I wonder what would have happened in OT if Jason Terry would have hit that 3. Wade definitely deserved the ring and the MVP.

Building a basketball team right now, I'd still take Lebron over D. Wade. He's a great player and deserved the finals MVP, but he got a lot of single coverage and he got a lot of beneficial calls that should have been no calls or gone the other way. Other than off the ball defense, which is a huge aspect of basketball, there isn't a single thing D. Wade is unquestionably better at than Lebron.

Building a basketball team right now, I'd still take Lebron over D. Wade. He's a great player and deserved the finals MVP, but he got a lot of single coverage and he got a lot of beneficial calls that should have been no calls or gone the other way. Other than off the ball defense, which is a huge aspect of basketball, there isn't a single thing D. Wade is unquestionably better at than Lebron.

Wade better then Kobe, In regards to the fact that he could guide a team full of individual stars

to a championship with shaq, zo and payton, whereas kobe couldn't do it with malone, shaq and payton.

Back in your head you knew I was going to write something like this right :rofl:

I picked the Heat to win the NBA championship beating the Mavericks when the playoffs started 2 months ago and I was right, this could've been back-to-back champions if Wade was healthy in the playoffs last year, he's definately a special player, having something that Lebron and Melo don't have which is an NBA championship ring, it's also nice to see Mourning finally win one after all he's been through over the last few years

Wade saw his share of double teaming in the last couple of games actually, and didnt handle it too well. Wade did get beneficial calls but every superstar is gonna get those calls. MJ, Kobe, Lebron - they all get those calls when you play aggressively on the offensive end. there isn't any aspect of the game where Wade is better than Lebron except for maybe sheer quickness and the ability to get to the hoop and off ball defense. however, here is the difference i am about to bring in that doesnt have to do with skill that makes him better than Lebron: clutch. i know Lebron has had lots of clutch moments in his time but i've also seem him choke horribly and have weak performances. whether that was seeing him live this year in a regular game (i think he had less than 10 pts) or his postseason efforts where he struggled at times. sure D Wade had a stronger supporting cast, but not once did he let a weak performance take him out of the game, whether that meant hustling harder and rebounding, or getting to the FT line when his shots werent falling. also Wade is the ultimate team player to me. Kobe hoists up between 30 and 40 shots a night and i see Wade putting up between 15 and 20 (obviously it increased in some games where they had no other offense). Wade is a team-oriented player and scoring doesn't matter to him unless the team needs it desparately, like they did at times during the finals. he found a way to include Shaq and J Williams and GP in his efforts to winning a championship, which is more than i can say about some other superstars.

Wade better then Kobe, In regards to the fact that he could guide a team full of individual stars

to a championship with shaq, zo and payton, whereas kobe couldn't do it with malone, shaq and payton.

Back in your head you knew I was going to write something like this right :rofl:

Lol, and I know you're joking. Incidentally...

Kobe >>> D. Wade

just to make things clear

Wade saw his share of double teaming in the last couple of games actually, and didnt handle it too well. Wade did get beneficial calls but every superstar is gonna get those calls. MJ, Kobe, Lebron - they all get those calls when you play aggressively on the offensive end. there isn't any aspect of the game where Wade is better than Lebron except for maybe sheer quickness and the ability to get to the hoop and off ball defense. however, here is the difference i am about to bring in that doesnt have to do with skill that makes him better than Lebron: clutch. i know Lebron has had lots of clutch moments in his time but i've also seem him choke horribly and have weak performances. whether that was seeing him live this year in a regular game (i think he had less than 10 pts) or his postseason efforts where he struggled at times. sure D Wade had a stronger supporting cast, but not once did he let a weak performance take him out of the game, whether that meant hustling harder and rebounding, or getting to the FT line when his shots werent falling. also Wade is the ultimate team player to me. Kobe hoists up between 30 and 40 shots a night and i see Wade putting up between 15 and 20 (obviously it increased in some games where they had no other offense). Wade is a team-oriented player and scoring doesn't matter to him unless the team needs it desparately, like they did at times during the finals. he found a way to include Shaq and J Williams and GP in his efforts to winning a championship, which is more than i can say about some other superstars.

Most superstars get beneficial calls, but D. Wade seems to have gotten more than most other superstars in this series vs the Mavs. He's good at creating contact, but I don't like how he overuses that aspect of his game. As an illustration, in game 5, he pump faked Devin Harris, but Harris didn't jump, so then Wade tries to jump into him, Harris backs away and completely avoids the contact, and Wade falls and gets up looking for the foul though no one touched him.

While Lebron got a few calls this year that shouldn't have gone his way, he doesn't play in a manner where he is looking for those calls. If you want to be aggressive, take the ball to the rim, don't jump into people while taking jump shots, looking for the bail out.

Now I know people are high on Wade now, but let a few months pass and things will be back to normal. This reminds me of Chauncey Billups a few years back.

As for Kobe vs Wade... :rofl:

It's just the hype. At the beginning of this NBA season, there was a poll on ESPN comparing Iverson and Kobe. Iverson won 49 of the states with Kobe only winning California... A lot of people I knew pointed to this as proof that Iverson is the better player of the two... It's too bad Bryant ended up winning all 50 states at the end of this season when they redid the poll. People's opinions change constantly... I don't think anyone can make a strong enough case for Wade over Bryant...

Most superstars get beneficial calls, but D. Wade seems to have gotten more than most other superstars in this series vs the Mavs. He's good at creating contact, but I don't like how he overuses that aspect of his game. As an illustration, in game 5, he pump faked Devin Harris, but Harris didn't jump, so then Wade tries to jump into him, Harris backs away and completely avoids the contact, and Wade falls and gets up looking for the foul though no one touched him.

While Lebron got a few calls this year that shouldn't have gone his way, he doesn't play in a manner where he is looking for those calls. If you want to be aggressive, take the ball to the rim, don't jump into people while taking jump shots, looking for the bail out.

Now I know people are high on Wade now, but let a few months pass and things will be back to normal. This reminds me of Chauncey Billups a few years back.

As for Kobe vs Wade... :rofl:

It's just the hype. At the beginning of this NBA season, there was a poll on ESPN comparing Iverson and Kobe. Iverson won 49 of the states with Kobe only winning California... A lot of people I knew pointed to this as proof that Iverson is the better player of the two... It's too bad Bryant ended up winning all 50 states at the end of this season when they redid the poll. People's opinions change constantly... I don't think anyone can make a strong enough case for Wade over Bryant...

every, i repeat, every player that is a player who you want going to the free throw line is taught to do exactly what you said. i know, i play basketball at the high school level and might at the college level (i dont suck so dont underestimate me). you are taught to create the contact and look for a foul when they're no other options. i give Wade credit because there were plays when him getting those calls just turned a nowhere to go play into 2 points and a productive possession. Lebron does it too, MJ did it, RIP Hamilton does it. when ur a great offensive player, your gonna get D'ed up real tight, and ur job is to create contact and get a foul when you have nothing going for you. every part of getting to the foul line is being aggressive compared to passing the ball off and standing in the corner when your team needs points. and don't tell me that Nowitzski (sp??) doesnt get questionable calls either, or falls on the floor after shooting a three (partly because he jumps high and lands on the defenders foot) and looks for fouls. its part of the game, its physical. its not high school where every1 is afraid to hurt every1 and everybody plays soft. people play hard and there's contact and its a man's sport, and wade is one of those players who has quickness and strength to his advantage and is good at knowing how to use what skills he has to maximize his performance. as for your "take the ball strong to the hole" comment, Wade does that too. pretty remarkable how often he dunks over 7 footers and he's only what? 6'4" or 6'5" at most. and when the dunk isnt open he knows when to lob to Shaq which he employed often durin the season unlike some of Shaq's other previous teammate *cough* Kobe *cough*

i will admit that Kobe is a better player, and i am a Kobe hater. Kobe Bryant is a better skilled player. 1 on 1, Kobe would take Wade more often than not. however, Kobe has been in the league longer. Wade is doin the same stuff that Kobe was doin in his third year. Wade will catch up to Kobe and get up to that status. the one thing i like about Wade more than Kobe, is his team awareness. Wade hasnt had problems with Shaq, or anyone else. Wade hasnt complained of not being enough of a leader or getting enough shots. the man goes out there and plays his ass off everyday without complaining and he plays like a wants it about as much as anyone has wanted it and thats what i dislike about Kobe and like about Wade.

i have been a Wade supporter since last year, never fancied Lebron that much and definitely not Melo, and im not changin now.

Edited by WesSyde

every, i repeat, every player that is a player who you want going to the free throw line is taught to do exactly what you said. i know, i play basketball at the high school level and might at the college level (i dont suck so dont underestimate me). you are taught to create the contact and look for a foul when they're no other options.
Yes, I played ball in high school, so I know what is taught. Let me clarify... There is no problem creating contact by driving or trying to get a defender to foul you while you're shooting. My problem is when a player jumps into defenders or is looking for fouls and/or complaining about them when they are not there. There comes a point where a player is just overdoing it. I liken it to flopping... Flopping is apart of the game, but there comes a time when a player has to stand his butt up and just play rather than flopping on every other play. To me, it cheapens the sport... people falling all over the place with very little or no contact...

i will admit that Kobe is a better player, and i am a Kobe hater. Kobe Bryant is a better skilled player. 1 on 1, Kobe would take Wade more often than not. however, Kobe has been in the league longer. Wade is doin the same stuff that Kobe was doin in his third year. Wade will catch up to Kobe and get up to that status. the one thing i like about Wade more than Kobe, is his team awareness. Wade hasnt had problems with Shaq, or anyone else. Wade hasnt complained of not being enough of a leader or getting enough shots. the man goes out there and plays his ass off everyday without complaining and he plays like a wants it about as much as anyone has wanted it and thats what i dislike about Kobe and like about Wade.

i have been a Wade supporter since last year, never fancied Lebron that much and definitely not Melo, and im not changin now.

Wade's not going to have problems with Shaq... Shaq's already said this season that he's approached things with Wade differently because of his conflicts with past players, including Bryant, Eddie Jones, and Penny...