JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Its just me?

After Lost and Found was released and the singles too, Will have recieved more respect, i mean before 2005 many people dissed him to bein a weak rapper, now dat number of people have reduced significantly, i also think its cos of the TMW promotion, the videos on Youtube for example..the AMA's, the KCA's, the many perfomances he have done. I think all dat together have put Will Smith in a better level of world's appreciation, even the album havent got as much sales as we expected we cant refuse its been a good 2005 and 2006 is goin good too for Mr. Smith. he's more respected in the streets.

Dont mess wit The Fresh Prince :wickedwisdom:

Edited by Luigie

well people still respect rakim and he hasn't released anything for a decade, people should respect will no matter how frequent he releases music, i think people did respect will before, the only way he'll lose respect in my opinion is if he rushes and puts out another "born to reign", that's why people looked at him as weak 'cause if they look at "Born To Reign" they'll be like oh "He's old and washed up and should stick to movies", I could understand why, you're only as good as your last album, if he takes his time and drops classics like "lost and found", the respect'll remain, now i wouldn't like will to take a lot of years to release music but i'd take it over him rushing out another "born to reign", will needs to be continually consistant for people to respect him and if he never records again he'd be going out on top, maybe the reception going into "lost and found" would've been better if "born to reign" never came out 'cause it'd been the followup to the classic "willenium" in the minds of hip-hop heads, butoh well, it's all good now, "born to reign" set him back a lil' bit in my opinion but he restored himself....

Edited by bigted

That album may not be doing everything we wished...but it's done enough. It got JJ+FP back out there in ways millions could see them. It got FP back where he needed 2 be lyrically and when it came 2 his sound. It got him a hit single and a big award. On top of that, we saw him/them be a part of the 46664 movement and make very public speeches that not only had the traditional JJ+FP comedy...but also alot of serious issues about Hip-Hop and the world. Lost + Found is a great example of Hip-Hop grown up. And even if it would take awhile until FP did another album, we probably have at least L+F remix that will show up on Jazzy's album AND that compilation album that FP is putting 2gether.

And during this time, Jazzy is getting out there a bit more with all the remixes he's been doing, his myspace page, and the direction that his next album is going.

JJ+FP 4ever!!

All of his hard work finally pays off. ahhhh. and it helped when silly ppl like Bow Wow sets himself up, talkin trash bout Will... that lead to some ppl givin Will respect that I wouldn't imagined... hahah

peace,

cookie

By releasing "Lost and Found" Will made it a lot easier for himself as far as his image in hip-hop is concerned, a lot of people were counting him out after he dropped "Born To Reign", he silenced the critics and at this point there's not much left to prove in my opinion, he just needs to just dropping solid albums whenever he releases them but there's no more pressure now, as long as he never does another "Born To Reign" the legacy for Will is set as one of the greatest mcs..

Edited by bigted

I still remember the day it came out and I got it at Target. Hearing that album was one of my best days ever. I think this site played a part in L&F's success as well. We kept the buzz going for Will, and obviously are continuing to do so.

yeah he definatly has more respect now. i was so surprised when everyone stuck up for Will so much during the bow wow time. They all called him a hip hop vet and ive never heard that before apart from us.

When people talk about Wills skills they tend to mention tell me why and party starter.

I remember there was a lot of people defending Will when Eminem dissed him 6 years ago too, a lot of hip-hop heads liked "Willenium" back then, they were like why is this new rapper coming out dissing somebody as established as Will Smith? Will always had respect in the rap game, basically the only people that have hated on Will are just suburban kids anyway, who don't even appreciate hip-hop's history to begin with, it's been the popular thing has been to diss Will as a rapper but I mean somebody had to buy all those albums he's sold, they probably all have at least one of his albums in their album collection or danced to Will's songs at a club, lol, plenty love Will and they've been scared to say it, anybody who's aware of hip-hop's history has respect for Will and Jazzy...

Edited by bigted

Will really didn't have to prove himself, but Lost and Found simply further solidified his place in hip-hop history.

Will shouldn't really have anything to prove, I think he's clean image is the reason why some fans have hated on Will over the years 'cause he clearly has more skills than most rappers, for example I like Snoop Dogg but Will has a better album catalog than Snoop does but the reason why people like Snoop more than Will is 'cause of image, lyrical content, if Will wasn't a clean cut rapper I bet he'd have less criticism than he had to endure, that's what he was referring to in "I Wish I Made That", Will clearly has as much talent if not more talent than Jay, Dr. Dre, Snoop, and 50 Cent but the reason why people like him less is 'cause he don't make hustlin' music, but good things come to those who wait I guess, fans are coming around, if people learn to appreciate artists for their skills and not for being the most thugged out than maybe Will's gonna get more credit, their needs to be more than kids from the suburbs listening to rap, that's why it's hard to find credability on what gets played on the radio 'cause there's no variety to gain other types of audiences besides kids, that's what it comes down to, it's really about people waking up, Will shouldn't have to do anything anymore unless he desires to, he shouldn't have to make albums until he's 70 years old until people appreciate him, he should get these props now, I mean 2Pac's dead and people still praise him, we shouldn't forget about the legends that pass on but why can't people appreciate the artists that're living and still doing it big?

Edited by bigted