JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Tonight, He Comes" has a director

Radewart

Link:http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14306

Helmer Gabriele Muccino is reteaming with Will Smith for Columbia Pictures' action drama Tonight, He Comes, says The Hollywood Reporter. The two recently wrapped the drama The Pursuit of Happyness for the studio.

Writen by Vince Gilligan and Vincent Ngo, "Tonight" centers on a tortured superhero who crash-lands in Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, and tries to transform himself by romancing an alluring housewife, causing chaos in the city.

Akiva Goldsman and Michael Mann are producing alongside Smith and his Overbrook Entertainment partner, James Lassiter. Jonathan Mostow, who previously was attached to direct the film, and Richard Saperstein are executive producing.

Muccino will begin pre-production on "Tonight" after he finishes post-production on "Happyness," which is scheduled for a December 15 release. The studio is eyeing an early 2007 start date for "Tonight."

Interesting choice...I mean this movie obvisouly is gonna have big special effects in it, and Muccino's never done anything remotely like that. They must've really hit it off during the filming of "Happyness".

Edited by Radewart

• Members

Yeah, obviously. Good to know that they're finally moving forward with thid. One thing boithers me though, how can they be planning an early 2007 start date if "I Am Legend" is supposed to start filming at the beginning of 2007?

• Admin

I sense another MIB 2 trainwreck on this 1.. not looking forward to it.. Muccino sounds like completely the wrong director for this project..and remember when Will doesn't get along with directors it makes for good movies (Bay, Tennant) directors he gets along with makes for average movies(sonnenfield-mib2, w3, mann- ali, redford - bagger vance)

Yeah, obviously. Good to know that they're finally moving forward with thid. One thing boithers me though, how can they be planning an early 2007 start date if "I Am Legend" is supposed to start filming at the beginning of 2007?

Wills got so many projects "in development" it was only a matter of time before clashes came up.. hes signing on 2 more movies than jackie chan.. looks like I am legend will be delayed

He may not be bad. Look at Brian Singer, the director of the past two X-Men movies and upcoming Superman, befor X-Men he had never done anything with fx, and it worked out fine. So not like it's impossible. Who would of thougt the forementioned Wachowski Bros. could go from "Bound" to "The Matrix". He'll get the relationship aspect of Will's character and "the alluring housewife" real well. That's propably why he's on it. What I wonder about is what Will is filming over the summer. This said "looking at an early 2007 start date" and the same was said for "I Am Legend". One's wrong, but which one is it?

Edited by Radewart

• Admin

He may not be bad. Look at Brian Singer, the director of the past two X-Men movies and upcoming Superman, befor X-Men he had never done anything with fx, and it worked out fine. So not like it's impossible. Who would of thougt the forementioned Wachowski Bros. could go from "Bound" to "The Matrix". He'll get the relationship aspect of Will's character and "the alluring housewife" real well. That's propably why he's on it. What I wonder about is what Will is filming over the summer. This said "looking at an early 2007 start date" and the same was said for "I Am Legend". One's wrong, but which one is it?

Are you serious? before X-Men Singer did "the usual suspects" one of the best movies of the 90s.. Muccino has not shown any ability to do a movie like this.. sounds like he got the job cause they got on well wfor Pursuit.. Jin is right.. this movie demanded a big director!

Are you serious? before X-Men Singer did "the usual suspects" one of the best movies of the 90s.. Muccino has not shown any ability to do a movie like this.. sounds like he got the job cause they got on well wfor Pursuit.. Jin is right.. this movie demanded a big director!

I meant Singer never did anything with fx, but he still wasn't overwhelmed with it on "X-Men". Has anybody seen any of Muccino's movies on this board, I haven't but they may be great, so who knows. I too would rather have a big time director like Mann, James Cameron, Ridley Scott, but Sony must like what he did on "Happyness" and Will must be pleased....

Edited by Radewart

• 5 months later...
  • Admin

just an interesting side not about people leaving for creative differences..alex proyas said on his message board the other day he'd love to do i robot 2 but theres no way in hell he'd work with those guys at fox again.. hes since shelved his idea to write a book "robot wars" abt the studio execs stupidity and harassment.. so good luck to any director I guess

just an interesting side not about people leaving for creative differences..alex proyas said on his message board the other day he'd love to do i robot 2 but theres no way in hell he'd work with those guys at fox again.. hes since shelved his idea to write a book "robot wars" abt the studio execs stupidity and harassment.. so good luck to any director I guess

Yeah, Tom Rothman at Fox is moran. Just look at wha they did X-Men 3. Proyas has always said nice things about Will and how supportive he was.

Berg's doing a drama right now with Jamie Foxx and Jennifer Gardner called "The Kingdom". I'd like to see that before I judge him as director for this project.