JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Star Wars Episode III SNUBBED!

JusticeKnight

Star Wars once AGAIN, gets dissed by the Academy!!!

Revenge of the Sith only gets nominated for makeup!

NO Best supporting actor

NO Visual effects

NO Costume design

NOTHING GOOD!!!!

THAT JUST MAKES ME MAD!!!!!!!! :bat:

Its doesn't surprise me though, All the academy wants to see is GAY COWBOYS! :pony: :willvspaparazzi:

Freggin gay brokeback mountain with 8 nominations :thumbdown:

Does anyone else think that Star Wars could have been nominated more??

Oh Well, it was the BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR! :2thumbs:

It should at least get something for special effects, I thought out of the three new Star Wars movies, this was by far the best one. The acting, plot and everything about it was at a much higher level than Episodes I and II.

Edited by rcpbball30

hmm.... I totally forgot about ST3.

I personally think that awards shows are stupid. I don't care about critics or sales. If I like the movie,CD, or TV show I'll watch it because I want to, not because someone tells me to.

but also the reason why brokeback mountain got so many nominations was because it just came out so everyone knows about it and everyone seems to like it (I haven't seen it yet so I can't say wether I like it or not) so that is why it has recieved so many nominations. Probably if Ali didn't come out at x-mas it wouldn't have been nominated.

stuff like that is all about timing.

The movie is awful. I can see why it didnt get any more nominations.

I'd take ST3 over king kong any day :wiggle:

Edited by sonic1988

hmm.... I totally forgot about ST3.

I personally think that awards shows are stupid. I don't care about critics or sales. If I like the movie,CD, or TV show I'll watch it because I want to, not because someone tells me to.

but also the reason why brokeback mountain got so many nominations was because it just came out so everyone knows about it and everyone seems to like it (I haven't seen it yet so I can't say wether I like it or not) so that is why it has recieved so many nominations. Probably if Ali didn't come out at x-mas it wouldn't have been nominated.

stuff like that is all about timing.

The movie is awful. I can see why it didnt get any more nominations.

I'd take ST3 over king kong any day :wiggle:

Yeah you know... in SW3, R2D2 had the best lines... in King Kong the ape hade the best lines... its two really bad movies. By the way, when was Hitch released?

Yeah you know... in SW3, R2D2 had the best lines... in King Kong the ape hade the best lines... its two really bad movies. By the way, when was Hitch released?
first off I meant "SW3" not "ST3"

anyway, hitch came out last year because I remember seeing hotel rawanda right after hitch and that was nominated last year. (i think)

Aye Star Wars was one of the best movies see you would have to see the first 3. 4,5,6 to get the others i am mad Star Wars should of gotten it all

of course, I saw the first 3 on VHS tape, I saw the special editions and the first 3 in the theatere. I actually have a friend who on purpose who wants to see them in order as in episode 1, episode 2, etc. as opposed to episode 4, episode 5, episode 6 and then episode 1. but then again she is a big drug person, so who knows what her motives are.

also I'm not saying I hate star wars or anything. I love the older 3. I personally don't like the new 3. I'm not even sure if I will buy them on DVD. I will buy the older ones for sure.

I'm not surprised at all that Star Wars got snubbed. Most of these award shows choose "indie" type films and films that get a lot of "critical" acclaim but maybe not a lot of box-office love.

Star Wars should have been nominated for Special Effects at least. Most of the movies nominated are most that your average moviegoer doesn't see. That being said, I hope Crash takes the Oscar for Best Movie. That movie, along with Syriana were the two best films of the year.

I'm livid over the fact my man Don Cheadle was not nominated for Crash.