JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

perfect diet

Guest Da Triptic

anyone know what the perfect diet is?

thats according to what you like to eat. but a 'perfect diet' consist of eating healthy foods and from all the food groups. What are your goals? are u tryna lose weight? or just maintain a healthier eating pattern?

a balance of proteins, carbs and healthy fats... is what i personally considered a healthy diet when im working out...

peace,

cookie

i am tryn to lose weight to show off my abs ya no

whooooooooooooo, i feel ya. :2thumbs: haha .excuse me, im a sucker for a man with defined abs... (i just don't show it 2 often ... :2thumbs: but whooooooooo boy. haha :yeah:

ok. for that, its gonna take 3 things for starters:

~ high proteins & low carbs

~ a regular exercise program

~ positive mindset that u CAN do it...

If you lose 2 pounds per week, this is healthy. more than that is not healthy for your body, but it can be done... TRUSt me on that 1.

I have a real intensive workout program called "Abs Bootcamp" that works WANDERS for the upper, middle and lower abs. but once you get into your routine workout schedule, you wanna do the abs bootcamp after you've built up some stamina with your program, so u can literally WEAR them suckas OUT, to rebuild.

when i work out,... im REAL big on protein shakes. ummmmm umph! haha u have to lower the portions of 3 LARGE meals, and eat more frequent, healthy snacks and meals (abt 6) to keep feeding your muscles . and since im not all that 'greedy'...lol... i substitute about 3 of those meals with a protein shake, or apple slices with natural peanut butter, etc. (mind u, im not on a program now...) ugh... :paperbag:

thats a basic concept, but its a whooooooooooole lot more detail, like planning your meals, when is the best tyme to work out each day to maximize burning calories, picking out simple versus complex carbs, and certain carbs to eat during the day versus late at nite, Whey protein Isolates, concentrates and Hydrolysates. hah... (long acting or quick absorption of protein to feed your muscles) etc...

just let me know... this is ONE of my favourite things to talk abt... dag, u make me wanna work out...

haha,

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

well i'm not sure what the perfect diet is because every doctor or health physician you go to says somethin different, ya know? but to lose weight i'd say that cutting the junk food helps, eating the proper servings of fruit and veggies will help. drinking water and milk.

for showin off ur abs, i'd say that requires some work. don't try it if ur not willin to get sweaty and tired. i would think that finding multiple ab excercised would be best. just doin crunches doesnt always work. u should find 2-5 different excercises that work the abs and make sure they work different places... lower, upper, obliques

here's a very basic principle: u will lose weight if u burn more calories than u take in. eating small breakfasts gives you no energy throughout the day and eating large dinners give u lots of calories that you usually don't burn off (unless u work out at night). so try eating larger breakfasts and slowly decreasing your meal sizes from there.

adding to what wes said bout the obliques, if you want a V shape upper torso, when u work on your obliques, dont use weights, or it will make them huge! side crunches for your obliques will work wonders and gives u more definition and that V shape.

Getting sweaty for your abs, is the best part. lmbo :2thumbs:

when i work out, I do 6 day regiment, and one day off... and eat whatever i wanna, even if its not healthy...

example of my workout week:

Monday, - LBWO

Tuesday - High intense cardio, usually running

Wednesday _ UBWO

Thursday - High intense cardio, again,...i love running

Friday - LBWO

Saturday - running

sunday - off...

then rotate my UBWO and LBWO each week... cardio days is when u burn calories, and workout days is to break down your muscles, so u can rebuild them with a high protein diet, while they recover from working them out. some ppl overdo it, and dont give them time to rest, ....but this simple regiment works perfect 4 me...

now for the abs...i try to get them in at least 3 times a week...and usually get the job done by doing weighted crunches. not just a 'crunch' or a full sit up, but half way in between so i can feel the burn target on my abs, NOt my lower back...

I take a 1 minute break in between my sets

set 1 = 25 crunches with 10 lb dumbell on my chest.

set 2 = 30 crunches / 10 lbs

set 3 = 35 crunches / 10 lbs

set 4 = 40 crunches / 10 lbs

set 5 = 45 crunches / 12 lbs

set 6 = 50 crunches / 12 lbs this is my burnout set!!! so a total of abt 225 (weighted) crunches...

and have a protein shake right afterwards... um umph! FEED them muscles boy! lol

after you begin to see definition, then you can do the ABS Boot Camp. Thats REAL intense, and defines the inner muscles. it also includes the obliques too...so there u have it...

imma find the ABS Boot Camp and post it in a minute 4 u... but remember, u gotta build up stamina b4 doing this, cuz u do it IN ADDITION to your normal workout, and its real in tense...

peace,

cookie

ok here u go. I got this a coupla years ago from Muscle Media site... i cant get the link to work, but copy and paste it into your web browser...

good luck... :2thumbs:

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/BootCamp.asp

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

abs are pretty hard for me to get in shape. i had a virus where i was coughing for a month... didnt help my abs at all (you know when u cough alot ur abs get sore).

maybe i need to try dumbells tho cuz i used to do a set of 40 crunches every night this summer and i've stopped now. of course one set everynight with no weight won't make ur muscles large, just gives them endurance.

Personally, I'm pretty sure what works, yet most choose not to listen. But what works for one doesn't always work for another.

Three main things to cut out:

Soda

Alcohol (esp. Beer)

majority of red meat (esp. pork, hot dogs, hamburgers)

Those three things should put one on the path to success, if they got the strength to control themselves. I personally cut out those three things and it's worked wonders. Not that I was ever husky, but now it's hard for me to even put on a pound. I can treat myself to chips, cookies, and ice cream (three things I stayed away from while losing weight) occasionally and not pay the price. I also adopted better habits like eating smaller portions, and eating more greens (like salads). That's my personal advice. God willing I never go back to eating things like that, and I live well into my 60s, 70s, 80s, etc with optimum health and live to tell the younger generation about it. It's sort of my lifetime experiment :paparazziupinthespot: . Oh yeah: and try to avoid fast foods AT ALL COSTS! One...

• Admin

eat plenty of fruits and vegetables..eat ya nuts and grains.. u want those essential fatty acids.. tuna is good.. sum fish.. avoid full cream milk..fried foods..deep fried foods.. high sugar and lots of salt.. try to eat natural stuff and avoid all that processed food.. i'm eating really healthy right now..but I am not a subscriber to not eat red meat .. where u gettin ya iron from? i guess u gotta eat a lot of green leafy vegetables..

as far as the abs.. u just gotta do a lot of crunches..dont let up cause it wont take long 4 u to lose it.. u want ya protein eggs chicken beans stuff like that..drink plenty of water

at the moment im all about cleansing my liver..cause frankly i ate a lot of rubbish between 18-21! fast foods pizza and all that junk.. im also trying to build my immunity..cause its been run down and i been sick a lot ..

this is what i have

lemon water soon as i get up

wait abt 45 mins for that to digest properly

sum olive leaf extract.. this livetonic includes stuff like milk thistle..zinc..vitamins yadda yadda

ill have a carrot/apple/celery juice

have a banana..

sum tuna or a bit of salman sum salad

dandelion tea or sum green tea

sum meat vegetables rice or whateva for dinner..

im feelin real good 2

I dont eat: fast food/takeaway/salt/sugar/dairy foods/fried foods stuff like that

dag. just listening to alla us talk abt eating healthy, makes me not wanna get rid of my gym equpment b4 i move... haha. tuna is a good source of EFA, and protein. so u get two in one there.

I try not to eat red meat too much, cuz its just so heavy, but i really like steak tho. I prefer chicken and fish when im working out. No fat, and high in protein. Boneless and skinless chicken breast is the best, as well turkey breast. Olive Oil is another EFA thats good too. its a healing oil, and a 'good' fat that is authorized when eating healthy. when you prepare your meats, and veggies, try to grill them (i have a stovetop grill)

it gives it that extra UMPH to it...na mean? haha...

but with ur rice. make sure u eat brown rice. brown pasta, whole wheat bread. Stay away from 'white' rice, white pasta, white bread... etc.. that stuff is definately not good when u workin out, cuz it turns into sugar, and sugar turns into fat. It doesn't keep u full for very long either,...and u get hungry faster...whereas, foods derrived from wheat are healthier, and keep u full longer. White foods are empty calories, meaning...well i forgot what the heck...it means... LOL but it means something bad. LOL... brain cramp...

get hungry faster..i think. lol

oh, and take a multivitamin suppliment... i wouldn't recommend fat burners, and that 'caffein' pills ppl talk abt.. thats not the healthiest approach...

anyway, once u start seeing your results, ur gonna be so proud u had this discussion with us. haha. everything ppl said is true, so u gotta trust us here, k? :2thumbs: Now to polish it up,...when u get that definition, dont forget to get sum sun, it gives u more definition, and oil your body down with some natural "Vitamin E" oil...and hawaiian tropic suntan oil... (well thas my fav cuz of the smell lol) /... it will make those muscles POP out at the women. whoooooooooooooo boy. hahaha....

I think ur on your way to being FYNE as umph! i dont know what! gonna be drivin dem chiks craZy in luv wicha ...

haha

peace bru,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies